I want to start growing my own weed first time grower tips??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Weeeeeeeeeeed, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Ok so i have some money and im going to buy everything needed for my first grow. I already have an 8 gallon pot, soil, and 4 23w Cfls. Im only going to grow one plant because this is my first grow ever. I also heard something about a scrog method and i wanna try it out too? Could omeone explain to me how to scrog my plant?? If your an experienced grower, tell Dos and Donts. Im gonna order my seeds from Attitude. Anyone have some experience buying from them?

Im A noob lol.

Thanks.

2. #2 KillerKush, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2013
  3. Yes an drop the cfl an get u a hid 25o iron 4oo it's well worth it an ur gonna get one sooner or later so safe ur self sum time...

madd monkeys lab

4. I've been doing my first grow with the same lights as you, and it's been fine. Not amazing, but satisfactory for a first grow. They will certainly be sufficient for the first couple of weeks if you want to look in to getting a HID light system without delaying your grow.

Having used this level of light myself, I would agree with the usual idea that 100W is the minimum you want for 1 plant. I'm upgrading my room with some more CFLs because I can't have HID lighting at the moment for various reasons, but I do know that if I end up with a tent or a spare wardrobe I could convert, I would wish I'd bought it already.

If you decide not to go with the HID lighting, I would suggest that you get ready to put at least another 2 of the same CFL bulbs in there once you get some proper leaves. What you've got will do until then. If you stick with that and did a scrog, you'd do okay for a first hobby grow. I know, because I'm there now. In about 3-4 months you'll have some decent weed, you'll have learnt a lot, and you'll either be ready to do it again with some small adjustments or ready to buy new lamps and/or hydro kit.

Toktone is right, if you think you're probably going to get the big lights in 3-4 months anyway, you may as well get them now and use it for your first grow. You can get started without it and you've got a couple of weeks to sort it out. The main reasons why I haven't myself are equally cashflow and the closet I'm using in my rented house couldn't be sufficiently ventilated. If you don't want to go that route though, I definitely recommend that you add at least 2 more bulbs to what you've got.