I want to see a study done on weed and the brain through generations

Discussion in 'General' started by Jackattack, Jan 6, 2007.

1. I want to see a study of the effects of weed on mice through generations. I want a scientist to feed mice nothing but weed and feed it's offspring nothing but weed. Have this go on for ten generations and compare the brains with a normal mouse brain. It would be interesting to see if there was a change in brain formation. And to see if it was for better or for worse.

Edit: I just thopught about mal-nutrition. So the scientist should also feed the mice other things also to keep it supplied with all it's nutrients it's body desires.

2. It would prove once and for all if weed is good or bad for the brain.

3. Or there is no difference. :eek:

4. lol yeah

5. would be pretty cool to actually see this be carried out

6. can you imagine eating nothing but food with weed in it there is no way that is good for you.

7. A better study would be to feed both sets of mice the same thing then blow weed in its face few times a week to one side of mice, although i dont see what the piont of doing it to 10 generations of mice instead of just doing it to one mouse on each side.

yah that is kinda confusiong hears a better way of explaining it, get 2 mice, give one normal food, give the other normal food and get it high alot, at the end of say 1 month kill them both and figure out if ones brain is worse than the other.

now that i think about it you could do this fairly easily

8. This would be better.

See, this highlights the main problem with all these other tests regarding weed and mental health; all variables - diet, environment, upbringing, etc - should be consistent, and that is impossible to do, at least in human beings.

9. Yes but in just one mouse the brian structure will only be able to change so much. But if the same mice had offspring then it's offspring could develop a more developed brain to handle the intensity of the marijuana effects?

10. I think that would take well beyond a human's lifespan, and well beyond several human's lifespans if I remember evolution correctly.