I want to move to Canada

Discussion in 'General' started by Broosh, Jul 14, 2008.

1. but i do not know WHERE in particular I'd like to move to. I went and lived in Toronto a few years back for a week and I fell in love with it. and ever since then i've wanted to live there.

Anyone have any legitimate and unbiased opinions for me? :) :smoking:

2. i live around toronto, and i dunno i guess im satisfied. :smoking:

3. I went up to Toronto when I was 19 so I could drink on New Years Eve for the millenium, it was nice but cold as hell. Strip clubs were the shit and Bloor St. has like 3 bars on every block. Most diverse city I have ever seen, people of all races and ethnicities, I really liked it.

First time I ever smoked hash was up there a few minutes after the new millenium started, a couple guys matched us a hash joint to our joint of dank outside a bar.

4. I went to Canada for a few weeks for a holiday. I thought it was amazing, I especially liked Quebec. I've been yearning to go back to travel and it'd definately be a nice place to end up living!

5. and of course, Canada gives me:

1) free schooling
    2) free health care
    3) drinking age = 18
    4) moneys worth more.
    5) decriminalized marijuana

i'm sure i would qualify for the free health care and schooling, depending on their qualifications.

6. I think the drinking age is 19, same with gambling and buying tobacco. Unless they changed it since 1999/2000

7. Come to BC, I will blaze you hard.

8. The Quebec area is a great place to live if you like a diverse culture and a beautiful landscape. The BC area is nice if you like a laid back lifestyle and beautiful scenery, and all the rest of Canada is nice place if you like a simple but refreshing lifestyle in some of the most wide open and beautiful land you will ever see.

Canada is pretty much all the same, except not at all.

9. what are the weed prices in like quebec and bc and toronto?

10. I live in Toronto. I grew up here and i love it. It is expensive in terms of Canadian cities, it can be hard to find good downtown apartments.

However there is a vibrant life to the city, great chron (B.C people will always say theres is better, but we still got great stuff)

The police presence in Toronto is generally not bad. I've been a idiot and been to public with smoking and whatnot, and had officers give me my weed back and be very friendly (though its been worse too!) Just facts to consider

But if your craving nature, and have the wallet for it - Consider B.C. The nature out there is nearly unrivaled. Though like Toronto, it is becoming more and more commercialized.

Edit:
    Weed prices in Toronto (for me)
    10$ gram
    90$ half ounce
    150-200$ ounce (depends on quality and who)
    and i've seen Quarter pounds go for 400-800$ and pounds from 1500$ to 2500$, though that size of amounts is not my area of expertise by any means.

11. Hehe sorry, but no free schooling here unless you're native Canadian. As for cities, it depends on the atmosphere you're looking for. Personally, I would love a nice beachfront apartment on vancouver island.

T.O was too crowded and noisy for me. If you like big yearly parties, Calgary is where its at.

12. Drinking age is 19 in every province except alberta which is 18
    Smoking age is 18 in every province

13. I am going to get my college degree in Philosophy and then moving to Vancouver. Sound like a good idea?

14. No..."smoking age" is 19.

15. this guy speaks teh truth.

and you can smoke a cigarette legally i think at age 16, you can buy a cigarette at age 19 and you can drink at age 21.thats in ontario. in quebec you can drink at age 19 i think.

16. no drinking is 19 in ont to

17. well in saskatchewna its 18 same with alberta and manitoba iuno bout the other provinces

18. And in Alberta, you dont pay pst on the alcohol and tobacco you buy at 18! (or anything for that matter)

19. Sounds good except for the philosophy part. I mean, do you want to write books and give lectures to University classes for your whole life? Cause that's all you'll do with a degree in philosophy. Get a more worthwhile major and then just minor in philosophy. Great class, but there just isn't that much money in it.

Priced in Canada vary, I'm pretty sure out of the provinces they're worst in the prairies. From my experience the prairies have schwag all the way through, the only time they get dank is when BC or Ontario/Quebec sends it their way. For example, my dealer had 16lbs to sell last week and whatever he couldn't sell was shipped to Saskatchewan.

Anyways, in BC these are the prices:
    Dime (1g) - $10
    Dub (2-3g) - $20
    Eighth (3.5g) - $25
    Quarter (7.0g) - $50
    Half (14.0g) - $90
    Oz (28.0g) - $170
    QP (112.0g) - $450-$650

I get deals on a few of those which is nice (e.g., free dime, $15 dub sac, $40 quarter, $70 half, etc.)

20. Manitoba and Quebec are also 18.

Personally I'd move out to Vancouver Island.. I have a friend out that way and I never want to leave every time I go there.

Theres plenty of dank here(Manitoba), I can pick up all kinds of crazy strains.. diesels, kush, you name it. Theres quite a large hippy community here, so it kind of helps.