I want to move to Canada. any suggestions?

Discussion in 'General' started by flapjack1439, Sep 27, 2011.

1. #1 flapjack1439, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
    Ok so i wanna move outa the US and move to Canada (eventrally). I would like some info. how much do appartments cost and such, how hard is it to find a decent job, wheres a nice place to live? any other info thats important lemme know.

2. Anywhere in Ontario is pretty good (haha biased as fuck)

I live in the Niagara Region I'm like 15 min from anything major.

Lotta ppl commute to there jobs from here but part time jobs are decently easy to find

The location is chill we have a shit ton of wineries around here like it's ridiculous,.... That's what my location is know for we have good soil and some reeeal nice pot haha

I live right by lake Ontario and can see the CN tower from across the lake

3. I'm wondering the exact same thing, OP.

4. If weed is a primary reason you'd like to move, I'd hold off on it. I recently read they're discussing mandatory jail sentences for marijuana possession... Fuck that

5. #5 RsxTypeS, Sep 27, 2011
    Honestly. Ontario is the place to be year-round but BC is also an equal year-round place to get really REALLY Dank, High, BUD! The next couple of weeks I will be in my Outdoor Bud mode. This is the season where the Outdoor bud starts coming and it's fuckin' awesome! I live in Toronto, Kensington Market sucks for weed, bunch-a rip-off's.

6. Nice username. JDM as fuck. Is there any location in Canada that's not freezing? :)

7. Immigrating to a developed nation is expensive as all heck. Canada is no exception. I’d suggest you start saving your money, and keeping yourself in good with the law. A criminal charge is pretty much a guaranteed fail.

8. #8 RsxTypeS, Sep 27, 2011
    Maybe Vancouver and Victoria BC? I don't think Victoria ever went below 0 Degrees. JDM as fuck, lol. 03 Rsx, Hondata Re-Flash, Racing Header, and a Aem V2.

9. Live in BC, Okanagan or Vancouver.

10. Okanagan FTW I live in Kelowna Region.

Bud is easy to find, depending on where you go people can be friendly and if you like sports (Dirtbiking, atving and snowboarding/skiing)

We got Big White here...Silver Star and a bunch of resorts what are top notch...

But I don't know how hard it is to become a Canadian Citizen since becoming a US Citizen is a bitch...

11. Bumping because I'd like to know too.

Can I just hop from the USA to Canada?? Or is there more to it than that.

What essentials am I going to need if I want to transfer from US to Canada??

12. I am Canadian but I have no clue on how the immigration works here. I would suggest just typing in your question in Google and I'm sure a Canadian Government website will pop up answering your question.

P.S. - I just read that over and I sound like somebody that works for the government.. Please spare me! I'm one of YOU!

13. my advice is dont.

14. all i can say is avoid toronto. jobs are few and far between, our mayor is an absolute moron and the cost of living is quite expensive.

15. Yes, avoid Toronto. Unless you want to go to Brampton or Guelph and work in Manufacture Company's.

16. Thanks for.all the replies everyone!!!!! I want to move mostly because I think id like it.more the here in IL and I really hate where this country's going. If I do move wouldn't be for at least a year or two to save money and find a nice place/job. If anyone has info on immigration to canada please post it. Im at work atm.

17. I once considered that too, got cool friends in BC and Ontario. From the stats, they have just as large a population per capita of aging/retiring baby boomers as the U.S., so I wouldn't expect things would be much different in the way you seem to be hoping.

18. BC all the way

19. Tons of good paying work here in Alberta if you can handle a tough winter! Cheapest gas prices and the best economy in the country as well, you could get a single bedroom apartment for anywhere from $500-$900. Which is nothing considering there are many jobs available that start anywhere from $15-$20 an hour.