I want to live in europe!

Discussion in 'General' started by I Love Hashley, Nov 25, 2007.

1. alright guys, when I graduate i would like to buy a one way ticket to europe. I have lots of questions but I do not know where to look. I would like to live over there, but have to I get permission to? Or do i just get a plane ticket and fly over? Are there alot of jobs available over there? Im willing to work for food and shelter as long as im out of the United States.

There is alot of stuff I need to research and think about, but I dont know where to begin.

So GC, please help me out with the best of your knowledge, and if anyone lives somewhere in europe. Pm me I have some questions to ask. I'm very serious about doing this.

My aim screename is Eclipsekill if anyone is willing to talk to me over aim

2. I'm probably not the best person to advise you on something like this, but i would recommend looking into WWOOF.com they provide food and shelter for working on farms, check it out

3. Site doesnt exist?

4. you dont explain why... only plus i see is 18 drinking age haha

5. the lifestyle and I want to do something different

6. yea i think he meant wwoof.ORG

i myself am thinking about going the wwoof way, i really want to get away from the city life and travel the world

7. I'd love to go over to Europe, hands down I'd go back to the mother country and live in Ireland, unless I get side tracked and find a beautiful Italian man along my way :D

You need to get a visa for long stays, and apply for citizenship, I'd decide on a country first.

Can you speak any language besides English? German, French, Spanish, I'd look into taking a class in one of those languages lol

8. haha go with me man not in a gay way, im from amarillo tx, your from dallas tx

9. yeah thats what i did mean lol

Really, I now live in Waco TX

10. Ive been considering doing WWOOF as well, and i know a couple people who have done it and speak highly of their experience.

It does seem like the best option, since in most countries it is very easy for WWOOFers to get visa's... and countries like Canada dont even require a special visa.. you can just come across and work... no time limit either.

The most important things IMO is checking the costs of the countries visas, and the various requirements and limitations.. legal troubles are the last thing you want.. also make sure you know exactly what the family expects ahead of time.

11. I live in Bosnia, but that's probably not the kind of Europe you want to visit. Still, if you're into historical stuff, we've got castles galore and there's also a fair deal of Roman stuff here (Panonia has been a Roman province for a long time). Contrary to the popular opinion, the country is quite safe (well, apart from Zenica - you'd get mugged there at least twice a day). People here generally like foreigners, but I think some Serbs still hold a grudge against Americans over the bombing campaign of Serbia back in 1999. Bosnia is also quite cheap compared to America - 200€ a month will get you nice lodging in cities (in smaller towns it's quite cheaper - where I live you can get a two-bedroom apartment for 75€/month). Weed is also reasonably priced - 100€ will buy you at least 100 grams (it can go up to 200 grams, depending on supply/demand), but it's all outdoors weed and therefore less potent than what you get in USA. If you don't mind spending money on flying, you can get within one hour to Greece, Italy or Austria. And since there are still a number of humanitarian programs going on, you can probably score free food and lodging as a volunteer.

12. sounds awesome. 200 euroes for 200 grams. jesus.

13. haha im down man lets do it, along with that guy texas virus if hes down... itd be fun to chill with a fellow toker in a foreign country

14. Ireland would be the best place to start. Their economy is pretty good and a lot of work is available and their pay is pretty fair. If you go anywhere that was previously behind the iron curtain it isn't that great job wise or life wise. Their cost of living is low and so is their pay but clothing, shoes and almost everything else are almost 2 to 3 times as expensive then in the states. Apartments and food are pretty cheap but very small and you'll have to get used to doing without a lot of things you could normally just run to the store for in the states. If you start out in Ireland at least you know you could find work. There are a lot of people from all over Europe that work in Ireland so once you meet them you can ask about their country and see if it sounds reasonable to go there but you have to ask why they left. Most of the younger people speak English so communication isn't to hard. I've been living in Europe for about a year now and it made me realize how lucky I was being raised in the states but everything in the states became routine and Europe is like a big adventure and it has revitalized my life. I don't plan on staying here for more then one more year because next year at this time I'll be on the island of Margaretta. South America is my next adventure.
    You only live once.

15. I would love to go live in Ireland, I've been thinking about doing a semester over there just to get a feel for it :)

16. In Spain, you are legal to grow any amount of bud. Of course in the privacy of your own home, or land.