I Want To Grow in as Small and Discrete of a container as possible

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Polznugz, Nov 26, 2018.

1. #1 Polznugz, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Okay so you might think this is ridiculous and impossible (and if you do, then tell me). I want to grow but I'm renting the place and the guy comes in every couple months, besides any visitors that shouldn't see such a thing. The place is about 2 rooms big with a balcony. The only risk-free way I see is growing in a relatively tiny container like a bottle or maybe a bit wider, in a way in which it could be sealed shut and covered.

The first problem would obviously be aeration. Then moisture build up and lighting. The good thing is that I have access to many many seeds (they're extremely cheap and sold as bird food everywhere here, even though smoking is highly highly illegal), which means I don't care if my poor setup results in low success rate. All I can do is plant more seeds and benefit from whatever few grow. The other good thing is i don't care for yield. I dont want it to fully grow. Just grow till it gives me a good couple or few buds. What would be the minimum size container I'd need for that?

With that in mind, does anyone know of a way in which I can grow in a tiny container that I can hide away somewhere in a cupboard or something? I presume lighting can be managed by attaching some battery-supplied light source, I can also get it out and expose it to sunlight and air during the day when I'm around. By perhaps the fact that I'd prefer it's sealabe will make lack of aeration and moisture build up a problem. Still, I don't care if it's a problem to where most seeds don't prosper, just as long as it gets something.

2. #2 tejashidrow, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Security is your first issue
    Growing in a bottle is novel but not practical.
    If you can’t put you grow it in a closet and lock it when inspections happen then best not to try to grow till living arrangements ( or the law) changes
    Kinda sucks but that’s life
    But if you CAN lock your closet.....
    Look for a SMALL cabenite to put in the closet
    LEDs scrog and search will be your friend.
    Some grow in Rubbermaid tubs
    Check out others micro grows
    But if you can’t secure it it’s a moot point.

3. filing cabinet would be the most obvious option in my opinion. nobody would question why it's locked.

put an air de-humidifier or air purifier right next to it (plugged in) to convince anyone in the room that any type of noise air circulation/fan is coming out of the air-purifier or de-humidifier instead of the filing cabinet.

4. just replicate what the guy did in the "Custom micro grow with fabric pot" thread did except in a filing cabinet.

5. Alright everyone thanks for the advice I'll see what I can do. The filing cabinet idea seems interesting.