I Want To Grow A Plant OUtdoors

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Hydra-Glide, Sep 22, 2009.

1. I have a current med. i.d in Calif. I'm using herb for "food hunger creation" during my hep-c treatments, which are going great! And I get hungry! (Any amount of food or yogurt will prevent the crippling nausea from setting in.)

I would like to grow one plant in a huge clay pot, and put the clay pot on topsoil and let the plant root into the ground through the drain hole in the huge clay pot, if it's wants to - to keep it from being root-bound?
    Clearly I need a book. [My co-opt is going to start supplying plants to patients.]
    Can you please direct me to the best book for my outdoor grow? Thanks
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    p.s. I tried to donate 10 bucks to the City, put my PayPal password doesn't get me in, or I can't read the Dutch language and I'm pushing the wrong button!

2. You would probably get more experienced answers in the outdoor grow forum on this site.

One thing you should know, for outdoor growing by medical patients in California, you are generally required to have the plant in an enclosed, secured area like a greenhouse.

3. "One thing you should know, for outdoor growing by medical patients in California, you are generally required to have the plant in an enclosed, secured area like a greenhouse."
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sounds like that puts the ki-bosh on my plant plans. Thanks for the legal tip.

4. #4 horticultureFTW, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2009
    It's worth double checking, as I believe there are fewer restrictions in some counties, but that is the general situation.

Also, it's really not that difficult or expensive to make a PVC greenhouse that should meet the qualifications if you really want to give outdoor growing a try. That's really a good idea even if it's not a requirement for you, as there are lots of people out there who will steal your plants if they see them.

5. I have a spot that gets a lot of sun, that's hidden from view.
    My pests are rabbits and gophers.
    We live in San Diego county. I'll look ups the regs. and if they say "ok for no locked greenhouse", then I'll create a new post on the Outdoor Forum. I'd like to make mine a winding trellis along a mid-morning to late evening sun hedge.
    Thanks for reeling me back in.

6. City of San Diego

Still in development: Current version 9/17/03: Adult marijuana patients with the approval of a San Diego County doctor may keep up to 1 pound of marijuana and grow up to 24 plants. Under the measure, caregivers can keep up to 2 pounds of marijuana and grow up to 48 plants for as many as four patients.The ordinance must come back for a final vote, as a procedural matter, to be enacted.
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    That's our local county law. I don't see anything about security greenhouse or any cover at all. I guess I'll post this on Outdoor Growing, and see what people say about the single plant grow.
    Maybe a low-smell plant like Night.