I want to go weight.

Discussion in 'General' started by StuckInMyMindd, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Anybody know some tips to gain weight other than "eat more". I realize that would be the obvious way to gain weight and believe me I do eat a lot. I eat till my damn stomach feels like it's going to explode.

I'm 5'9 and I weigh 131. I would like to weigh a good solid 150. I don't feel like I'm skinny whatsoever. I just feel like I'm not thick haha. it's hard to explain. I want to be thick. I do work out like 4 times a week.

2. Sounds like you've got the same body type as me, and I cannot for the life of me gain any damn weight. Only thing I haven't tried yet is thoroughly supplementing my protein intake to build mass. Get some powder and give it a shot?

3. #3 Wabbajakk, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013
    How old are ya? 

Im 19, and have a pretty fast metabolism which makes it extremely hard for me to gain weight. 
    I've had a friend with the same condition. He told its genetic and it will probably dissappear in early adult life, like his fathers also did. 

4. It's worth a shot ehh? I might run by Walmart tomorrow and see what I can find.

5. Let me know if it works for ya, I'm dying to pack some beef on, crazy fast metabolisms are as much a curse as a blessing.

6. Mass gainer brah

7. start counting calories find out what how much your intake is now and start adding more until you start seeing a difference as for working out lift heavy 6-8 reps a set make sure you get enough protein in your diet and make sure you have a good diet, try a protein shake i recommend gold standard whey (chocolate) and creatine. DON'T SKIP LEG DAY.

8. Need to eat brah.

Seriously. If you're a hardgainer and you're not eating 7+ meals a day, you're not eating enough. Simple as that. 3 big meals is not going to equate to over 4k calories, which people who don' gain weight easily generally don't start gaining until you start getting into 4-5k calories daily. 

Your stomach will stretch out nd it will get easier and easier to eat that many meals a day. It might feel like you eat a lot, but "until full" is a very subjective amount of food. You'd be surprised how much calories you're taking in until you start to count calories.

9. weightgain 4000, Eric Cartman endorsed 

but trust me when i say dont cheap out on protein, get some from GNC or something. the walmart kind really sucks flavor wise and it really took me some effort to get it down. ive just been using GNC brand 100% whey 24g Protein per scoop. i use i scoop before, then 2 scoops after, i do crossfit btw.