I want to go on an adventure and fight evil. Seriously.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SpiceMadeOfLife, Feb 16, 2009.

1. I always wished I could be a part of...
    [​IMG]
    ^^

2. +rep awesome thread man, it got me thinking about all the bullshit we all have that we dont need. living on an island with just the essentials to live woulb be sick as hell. i been craving some sort of adventure for a long time also. i have realised that having a big screen tv and a nice car does not get me happiness (not for long anyways) the only true way to live imo is without all this bullshit we don't need.

3. my friend and i are gonna find a ring and journey out west to "destroy" it this summer.

4. Wow, I never actually thought of doing this before. It would be soooo epic
    Why road trip when you can track trip! haha

5. Yep.

I'm joining the army to get in shape for SERE. After my 4 years, I'm going to join the AF and do SERE.

They're fucking intense. They can break one bone in your body during training, (but they don't always do it.)

They teach you to survive ANYWHERE in the world. After SERE, I'm going to go live in the woods and fight crime or something. :laughing:

6. lol nope still alive. however thats pretty close to home.

and also, daaaammmmnnnn I almost completely forgot about this thread. its pretty epicly old, but the passion remains the same none the less.

that guy was crazy to just go off of books and no actual survivor training.

after reviewing the pictures from that crazy island, I really want to explore that walled city. that would be so amazing.

7. ever heard of town brown? look him up.

8. I'm constantly fighting my inner demons, everyday. Does this count? :confused::p

9. i strongly suggest you watch Into the Wild (2007) - Into the Wild. basically a kid did exactly what you want to do, great fucking movie. true story too

10. I live there man aha. Yeah its pretty sick blazing. In my city there is a cliff with trees and shit around it thats easy to get to. Such a sick place to burn - in nature but watching the lights of the city.

11. 60 Years ago, my grandparents in Mexico buried tons of gold bars and gold coins under there house in a small Mexican town. As huge land owners and being one of the richest families in that area I believe this legend bears some weight. However due to the dangerous state of Mexican tourism due to drug cartel kidnapping and murders and the cost of driving all the way down there, my team of treasure hunter's needs someone who has a significant amount of wealth or connections to wealth to fund us as well as being someone who thrives on adrenaline and adventure. This will be the adventure of a lifetime, the kind you only read about in books or see in movies but only if someone is willing to help financially. As the donor, you can pick whether you just pay us and monitor us from afar or accompany us into the howling dark. My philosophy is never miss a chance at adventure. This is your chance, and it is up to you whether it slips by or you grab it. If your willing to lend some cash or accompany us you can reach me by e-mail or give me a ring at 208-514-5824 ( no texts, my phone doesn't have texting).
    Sincerely,
    Ben
    P.S. Anyone can apply to come with us. The only requirement is that you are ready to leave the ordinary behind and to put yourself into imminent danger. Even if your not wealthy a thousand bucks would get us at least there, total funds total around 3000$ which we are already building up towards. The trip will be in June 2011.

12. dude there is not a day that I don't wish I could go on some funking awesome adventure ( a pirate adventure always kinda seemed like the most fun to me.)

13. Go camping with some buddies and take a load of green. :hello:

14. I'm seeing a lot of people suggesting that a camping trip with weed or shrooms is an adventure. For them that might be fine, but I know exactly where you're coming from. I always loved Lord of the Rings for its unwavering epicness. I felt like I belonged in that kind of movie, part of the adventure, I longed for it more than anything else in the world. Sadly that will never happen, and I am at a loss as to how I can fulfill myself. Money, women, cars, weed. All great things and I love them! But they will never complete me like an exciting and meaningful adventure would. Anyways, check out Into the Wild, that guy is pretty inspirational.

15. #76 spacemankush, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Stupid fucker

16. me and my bro would always discuss our dreams of becoming a Pokemon trainer and wishing it was all real...good times.

17. #78 UltimateTweaker, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Man, if I did some shit like that, I'd be taking about 15 ladies with me. Also, a shitload of weed seeds and other crop's seeds.

And yeah that island looks raw as hell. We gotta get an army, fly over there, conquer the island, and declare someone king.

18. I know exactly what you mean. I've been thinking of adventure for the past while, but today, it just hit me hard. I wanna go on an adventure where my life is on the line. An adventure like zelda, or uncharted, or any kind of rpg out there. I just want to explore or search for treasures long forgotten. Something dangerous and fun, that kind of stuff. There's just one problem though, i'm 16 and i have no idea where to begin

19. OP is 9 years old yo..

• Like Like x 1