i want to get my tube shortened, who do i talk to?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by uhmmyea, Jul 12, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

i want to get it cut down to right above the label.

its 21" now and want to get it down to around 14"

does anyone know of a contact from SYN that i can get ahold of?

or anyone else that you suggest that will do this

thanks.

2. SYN is based in NC, maybe get ahold of them on facebook,twitter, or myspace. Maybe a local glass blower could do the job too.

3. This makes me :(

4. may i ask why? if a tiny tube is what you wanted you should have bought the syn minis that are about 14"

5. yea well i thought that this would be nice.

but its just too big to take outside. i have to smoke out in my backyard. and i have to conceal it to take it back there. (i dont want neighbors seeing my bong...)

and it is a little hassle holding this thing and lighting it, for me anyways.

6. Well based on your title... it think an OBGYN deals with that sort of stuff. You can talk to them about procedures. hahaha. jk. That sucks. Why didn't you buy a smaller bong?

7. I thought this thread was about something else :p

8. Well, I can kind of see your reason, but in all honesty dude, this might be a good time to invest in a different smoking piece rather than try and cut this one down.

Sounds like you've got a good glass collection anyway, so why not just invest in something smaller to take outside, and save this nice tall piece for your next session somewhere else?

Just a thought. Personally, I'd probably sell it and just buy a shorter one rather than risk any type of cutting down. I'd get some kind of warranty in writing just in case it does get broken during the processing, but it's doubtful you're going to get any glassblower (including SYN) to warranty a tube they're about ready to cut.

Good luck with it.

9. ^ I'm with this guy.

If someone asked me to cut a tube for them, than re make the lip, I would be seriously confused.

10. i guess im going to try and sell this then.

anyone interested? haha

11. You really can't cut this one, because the length in and of it's self acts as a splash guard. The short one comes with a physical dome splashguard.

12. im fine with that. ice will count as a splash guard.

no water comes up to the ice anyway.

13. yeah good luck, i doubt anyone would do it

14. If you get it shortened, have the glass blower turn the piece he cuts off into a steam roller or something useful!

15. Personally, I think it was awfully silly of you to intentionally buy the TALL SHOWERHEAD and not expect it to be tall? I know for a fact you didn't buy that thinking it was going to be the height that you're looking it to be now, so why didn't you think about that in the first place? I just think you're crazy to have paid the money for the tall tube, and then end up cutting it down.

If you can't find someone to make it the way you want it, sell it and buy something else. However, if you choose to go with the latter, make sure you stay away from anything with TALL in the name, rofl. Maybe "Mini" or "Tiny". :D

16. for the price you would have to pay you could sell this one, and put that money towards a really niceeee bubbler that you can conceal all day long. Or you can get yourself a really nice mini tube like a Luke Wilson mini beaker or something. They work amazingly well and are small as hell

17. thats the thing. i have a LW mini 10 arm beaker.

and i bought this cause i wanted a bigger tube.

well it turned out that it wasnt that practicle. o well..

18. Dude, he said he thought he'd like it. Please read fully before making accusations.

19. yea, i ignored him. ha

20. lolo agreed