Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I want to get my card! But some things are holding me back....

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by music.flow, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Hey GC! Another female smoker here! Ive been a lurker here for a while now. I used to have an account on here, but I totally forgot my login info so I made a new one :)

Anyways, here's my situation. Ever since I was ten, Ive been strugging with very bad insomnia. I am 20 now and the problem isnt as sever but I still have a hard time getting a good nights sleep.

Pills? Already tried them And they didnt really help. I hate taking pills since Id rather go the natural route.

Also, I went through some traumatic times in my life that believe caused my insomnia. I had depression ( of course I triex to deny it growing up) and now It is pretty mild now, but the sadness and and heavy weight o. My body is still there.

As silly as it sounds, I started smoking again a few months back. I stoppex. Sitting around the house and being lazy with energy. Ive noticed ive be ome a much more and happier person. Not only that, im not As shy and ive become more social.

Now with my back story aside ( sorry id type more, but im on my iphone and its a bit hard to type) Ive decided to use marijuana for medicinial purposes.

Its helped me get a good night sleep and I feel alert during the day inatead od falling asleep because I didnt get enough the night before.

Whats holding me back? Ive been doing a good amount of research about medical marijuana and the laws that protect patients.

Ive been hearing about patients being arrested at check points by the border control. It worries me because how safe are marijuana patients?

I understabd that mj isnt legal a federal level. Is that the reAson why people can get arrested even if they are sober during the search?

Can you guys give me some advice on this? Do patients only get arrested if they go over the Amount they are allowed to carry?

Its a VERY big life changing decision and I want to make sure if this is the rigt choice.

All replies are Appreciated!

2. No matter what the circumstances you can't take Medical Marijuana from one state to another, and especially over international borders.

As for your other question, yes if you have more medicine than is legally allowed you'll get arrested and your MMJ defense will probably not stand up in court.

Also - they don't like it when you have multiple accounts - I suggest you contact the Admins and have them straighten out your original account, lest you get banned for multiple accounts.

3. Thank you for the fast reply.

To GC...I have some more questions that i forgot to write out.

Okay so here's my situation. I do live with my parents and I am still under my mom's medical insurance. Will my card show up on my medical records AND medical insurance? I've been researching and I've been told my medical users that your info ONLY stays with the doc. No one else. Is this true?

I have read the laws that protect patients. There is one in particular that says that evalutation doctors cannot share your personal medical information with another party. Does that mean they cannot share it and put it on your medical records (lol I know I'm kind of answering my own question above ^). Does anyone have a legit answer?

I want to make sure because i've been hearing about SO many loop holes that patients were unfortunate to be the victims of being arrested because of them.

Also, I hear that if I card a I.D card, it will show up on a govt. database? If I want to keep this a secret, would it be best just to get a rec and NOT a card as well?

By the way, I don't want to hear "You live with your parents. If theyre not cool with weed, why are you doing it?" BS. They already know I smoke hookah and I've been keeping my best to make my "other" smoking habit a secret and it has been working for months. I know its a bit risky but I know what I am doing. They just don't understand that marijuana is safer than they think.

Also, I forgot to mention I live in Cali :p

4. #4 music.flow, Jan 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2010
    Ah! One more thing, how do you know if an evaluation center is a legit one?

I've been searching around, but no real answer. I know I can check on NORML, but not all evaluation centers are there.