I want to get high in Tokyo

Discussion in 'General' started by Plan, Sep 29, 2014.

1. I have some questions about obtaining and smoking piff in Tokyo, a personal amount only for about 2 weeks in the country. Is this an appropriate forum to ask those questions?

Specifically, I'd like to hear any direct experiences from people who have smoked weed in Japan, and any advice regarding obtaining and smoking piff. I've read quite a bit about it on other forums, and I'm aware the Japanese laws are pretty strict, with 5-year sentences for selling. What about possession? Are Japanese police generally lenient with tourists? Obviously I'm not looking to smoke in public, and once there I'll take every precaution, but I would like to educate myself ahead of time so I know what to expect.

As for a timetable, this is a trip I'm planning with my brother and it won't happen until at least next summer. We're both in our early 30s. My brother has been to Tokyo several times, thanks to being stationed in Japan while he was in the Marines. This will be my first time there. We're both extremely well-traveled. Name it, we've been there, even the hellholes. And we're both professionals, so it's not like we'll be two transparant stoners giggling our way through Tokyo with bloodshot eyes.

Right now, it seems like the best course of action is setting something up ahead of time with a trusted contact. I'm looking into seeing if that's possible. But in the meantime, I'd love to hear anyone's experiences, anecdotes, and observations about weed in Japan. Cheers.

2. As far as I know if you get caught smoking there they will arrest you, extradite you back to your home country, and ban you from returning to Japan.

3. #3 Blu3B3rryKush, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
    And it's something like $60-120 usd a gram there for varying quality of Shwagg.

According to my Japanese connect. Not making that up btw
    Edit - that's just what I was told last time I asked him. This was like 6 months ago. He said the price varies with local market for it. Iv never been there so idk that's just what I was told. But $30 seem reasonable

"Surrounded by haters"

4. Lucky I wish so bad I can go to Japan ...
    I'd be smoking and car spotting.
    Love me some classic j-tin

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

5. Obviously there are Japanese tokers, but it's best to be safe than sorry. Wherever you are from, their laws are different than here and you actually know the risk of buying it. In Japan, you don't which could make you more vulnerable to getting caught. Just have a good time there without it.

6. Ugggh and it's shwagg??? uuuuuuuggghhh!!! <_<

7. I smoked when I was in Tokyo/Yokohama last year, and will do so again when I return to travel the country more extensively in December. I have a connection through my cousin though, so I can't speak to availability or tourist price, but we paid something around $30 per gram for decent-quality herb.

Not calling anyone a liar, but the idea that it's upwards of $100/gram for garbage is simply not true.

As for actually smoking and the prevalence of it, it was as common as anywhere else. I smelled it on occasion in the streets, and sparked up in public spaces (with precaution) with no trouble. It was certainly no SE Asia, with people approaching you with offers, but it's not completely under the radar either.

8. Good luck on your quest; I lived for a year in Japan, and i never met anyone who knew much about weed.

Seems like many Japanese do not know much about the herb; herb which sadly enough for them, is a part of their ancient culture.

Maybe i was unlucky? I was in Western Japan btw, in Yamaguchi prefecture; not near the big cities.

Just be careful when and where you smoke though, the laws are draconic when it comes to weed

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

9. I heard they eat Cats there... Is this true? 

10. My sister is in Japan at the moment. Weed isn't too difficult to find as a stoner girl there, guys might have more difficulty. But yeah its much more expensive but dank does exist out there.
    Me personally, I would only keep cannabis in my place of stay or perhaps an oil pen in public if other vape pens are visible.

11. An oil pen would be optimal, yeah. That's what I use now, and I love it.

I really would not want to pass up the opportunity, however, of taking in Japan's sights without being high, and having sex with Japanese women whilst high.

So it seems like with many other places, having a pre-existing, trusted connect is the best way to go. I will work on that.

12. #12 King Willie, Sep 29, 2014
    Finding drugs in other countries is usually pretty easy for tourists. Jus gotta know what to look for.

13. #13 Blu3B3rryKush, Sep 29, 2014
    He is lives in the country not the city maybe that's why his price was so much more?!?
    "Surrounded by haters"

14. Any updates on this thread? Hope someone can share light as seems its near impossible in Japan. The dude who posted about enjoying the country while high hit it right on:)

15. Im sure you will achieve that. They are all wee people over there.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. #16 Jane_Bellamont, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016

um.. don't the Japanese have like, a rather pathological obsession with cats.. as well as furry, cute creatures? You'd think North Korea would be eating cats.. considering that Japan is one of the most advanced economies on the planet.

17. They have several cat islands.. islands where in some cases, the cats outnumber people up to 10 to 1.. but a lot of Asian cultures eat animals that others see as pets. It doesn't matter how advanced they are. South Korea is rather advanced in comparison to other Asian countries and they eat dog. In China they have a dog eating festival every year. The Japanese probably import most of their meats though, but that is just me guessing. They have this thing where everything has a spirit of sorts.. a person, an animal, a car, a robot.. so there isn't much morally/spiritually keeping them from eating animals other see as pets.

18. #18 ICGreen, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    In Korea it is one specific breed of dog that they eat. I don't know the breed but they have yellow fur.
    :smoke:

19. I'm going to Tokyo Japan someday.

20. japans laws are shit and the prices are too fucking high, ill stick to the mountains, best place to get high.