I want to cry. Oops it hermied again.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Stawager, Feb 26, 2017.

1. I want to cry:cry:

Things we're going great and looking good really good. :rave-girl: Then, just like last year at this time I found baby seeds, :watching:catching it much earlier this time.

It's been 10 months since I had a pollen explosion.:confusedalt: There is No way pollen is still viable after 10 months, true?:confused_2:

The trichomes are turning cloudy. No reason to keep them growing because no more energies going towards the cola. True?:Love-Plant:

I think it's Time :makeup: to harvest, :dance2:wash in lemon juice & baking soda and dry & :popcorn:cure.

20170226_005515.jpg Any thoughts on washing? Lemon juice and baking soda ratio?:thankyou:

2. What the hell are you washing in baking soda and lemon juice?

3. Colas. I just learned of it myself. Probably something like a cup of lemon juice and a cup of baking soda per gallon I'm guessing.

4. I really don't know what you are trying to wash off. The only thing you are going to be doing is washing away THC crystals and coating your buds in sticky, toxic to smoke juice and chemicals.

5. Dust, hair, I think it removes chlorophyll too.

The key is to be gentle.

6. If you've grown in a clean, well ventilated environment, you shouldn't have any of those things on your bud in the first place.
    Chlorophyll is a naturally occurring chemical in all plants that contribute to its green color. Are you saying this will turn your weed brown? Doesn't sound profitable to me.

7. Unless you have a closed environment there's going to be dust. Trichomes are not water-soluble.

What else "contributes" to the green color?

8. You're being awfully defensive over something you've never even tried before.

• Like Like x 2
  9. It's okay if you don't know, just say so, there's no shame.

You came into this conversation defensive. Do something useful and go find out what ratio of baking soda and lemon juice to water I should use :watching:

10. 0:0 there's the ratio

11. I've used some hydrogen peroxide in a bucket and a bunch of water, then using clean water right after. I stick my plant outside when I can so I can to dip the buds in some clean water to wash off the hair and crap I can see when I look through a microscope. I don't fear ruining trichomes, but maybe washing off some terpenes

• Like Like x 1
  12. they say it makes it taste better. You should experiment with it. What can it hurt?

13. Lol. This kid..

• Like Like x 4
  14. Man you are slow!:poke:

Ok, I found the ratios for you: per / gallon 6.5 pH 1/2 cup soda, 2 cups lemon juice, 2 tbls Dawn detergent, 1 tsp salt.

You're welcome :thumbsup:

15. You should dip your colas in 100% bleach. That'll solve your problem.

• Like Like x 3