I want to change the screen in my grinder, how?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by steven22, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Hey, I have this old chromium crusher grinder that I picked up a few years ago.. I really like it compared to my other no name grinders except for one thing.

the mesh screen size is too restrictive.. most other grinders have a less restrictive screen.

so what is an affordable way to switch it out?... Is it something I can buy at HD and replace with a safe glue?

open to ideas

thanks

2. No point CC is only a 20 dollar grinder just buy a new one that has a better screen go on amazon and pick up a pirahna grinder

3. You can buy screens on line... i guess the hardest thing would be to cut it perfectly to size. But yeah, mesh screen online is incredibly cheap.

4. I have too many grinders and dont want to buy another one... I just wanna make the CC perfect so I can sleep better at night lol.

What micron size screen is the common one found in most grinders?
    and what adhesive would you recommend?

5. I'm reaaaaly curious to how you would get it stay an not look like shit. Is the grinder routed an the screen is in that? Well good luck getting the old out an new one in if it's possible. Have to many grinders? Well throw one away an spend the 20? Call me crazy but my time is worth more then 20 bucks for the hassle headache an picking up of materials.

6. I want to make a multi-stage sifter box. I found a few articles on the micron used in bubble hash bags and have based my experimenting on just that. There will be different gradients of potency based on the micron used. 150-175 will give you a great yield while keeping leafy matter out. I would recommend buying stainless. Please post pics of repair!! :) If somebody installed the screen flawlessly once, patients will allow you to do it again.

7. Any updates?