I want to change... (Lame story bout my life)

Discussion in 'General' started by WeedFnatic, May 7, 2012.

1. I've been thinking. Like, I wanna move forward, but shit's holding me back. Life should be this journey, but I'm stuck doing the same old over and over again. I wanna experience life, I don't want to simply cruise through it. I think I've made up my mind, I wanna get good grades, get my own place, get some new friends, ditch the stuff that's holding me back and just go for it.

This probably sucks for you guys reading this shit, but hear me out.
    The problem I feel I got is that is this what life really is? All the shit in the movies are false, we really are this brainwashed, or can it be done? It seems like most people are living the way I'd like to live, but I can't decide whether it truly is me lacking behind bad in life or if all of this is kinda an illusion.

The thing is, lately shit has come falling down, no, that's not even true, things have been falling down for the last 10 years. I ain't got shit, and that's why I wanna move on, nah mean? This is lame stuff, guys. :p Just felt like getting this shit out.

What do you guys think? I'm waaay high here, but I'm serious... This shit is bugging me...

2. Do it man..

Make a difference in your life. If its time for a change and your aware of this. Do it.

No need to test new waters either.. Just Jump into a new lifestyle with both feet.

3. Yes, it's time to move on, live life how you feel, and take it into your own hands, be responsible and self-sustaining and don't have negative people or energy around you, stay positive and be positive around others. Hang out with people that are positive. Good luck

4. Just go with the flow....

5. thats called 'maturing' lol

6. Yeah imma do this shit before it's too late.

7. How old are you? Like 18 or 19?

We got time bro :cool:

8. TBH your life is sooo boring I did not even finish reading the OP lol.... I would make drastic improvements in life and do it quick.

9. #9 Chrismittty, May 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012

Thats just plain rude and obnoxious, why not just be bored somewhere else? Pointless posts are against the rules now ya know?:rolleyes:

Hey man, I feel you there, Something is holding me back too, Im just not sure what haha, I feel like im about 500yrd down the path your looking to go, and... Your gonna like the results if you decide to mature and grow up now rather than when shit gets kickin and is hard.

10. Life = whatever you as a person want to do in your bodily existence on this planet.

Do what you feel is right for yourself, do what you want while taking in consideration of others, but in the end, life is what YOU do and make of it.

Fuck haters, embrace lovers, stick with the friends that matter..

11. I'm 18, man.

Thanks, man. I think I'll get there. This hit me fast too, I've known for a while now that I wasn't happy like this, but I thought it would just pass, but it's not, I really gotta do this, nah mean?

I'll keep that in mind.

12. #12 Candamile, May 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012
    I recommend you read Read this book. You can buy it, but this is the full pdf version. This book clarifies why this is happening to you and what you can do about it.

And here is a simple abstract, compiled by someone who took all the new-age bullshit out of the book and explained everything in normal words. It is a bit short though and not everything is in there.

By the way, I bolded the part in the summary which seems to apply to you:
    Though I believe it would be best to read the book (pdf) itself too, to get everything out of it.

13. I'll read through it. I've been meaning to start reading more books so why not start here?

14. You need to just commit and get on with life man.

15. I hope you can get something useful out of it! Sure helped me get back on track. Now I know the only thing that held me back from experiencing life, was myself and my dreams of a better future instead of working on it right in the moment.

I also had very negative thought patterns and thoughts that ran in vicious circles. From day one reading that book it never happened to me again. I hardly ever think and whenever I do, I think clear and efficient.

I'm living a big smile at the moment :) though some things are still fucked up with me, the present has gotten alot better.

16. Glad to hear that. I think this "miracle book" might do me good. I've read about 10 pages and I'm going to read a lot more tonight. Seems very interesting so far, tho.

17. I was in the same boat, still kinda in it. I moved in with a sibling in a different city and they are helping me start anew. It definitely feels good. Good luck.

18. Do what you think is right. I've been feeling the same way lately actually... what is life, really? I'm 20 btw, so not much older than you. I'm not doing the greatest in school but I know I can, since I'm not even exerting half effort :/
    It's just I don't know if this is what life is really all about, just like how you feel.

19. Yeah, man. I feel ya. The thing for me is that if life is what I kinda think it is, then it just sucks. But if there is more behind it and not just this grey mass it seems like it is, then I gotta change. I've been reading through The Power of Now and there's a lot of interesting stuff I already knew I had in me, but apparently you can live in the now as long as you want and if that shit's true then life looks a lot brighter, nah mean?

20. Best advice I can give is to find a hardcore, long hours, laborious job. I was kinda like you until I recently got a job that fits that protocol. Your mind is always occupied, or if it isn't, your body shouting at you pervades your thought pattern. You actually have no energy to think negative thoughts, and that builds upon itself.

I've worked 7 consecutive days now, with up to 14 hours per day, and I've never felt better. Keep in mind that before this I was sitting around smoking weed and doing nothing all day. DO NOT get into that habit, it is self-destructive and anyone that rejects that idea is either in denial or ignorant.