I want to buy a ferret!

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Blessed Smoker, Apr 19, 2012.

1. So wich one is better? Female or male? :)

2. Aw dude it's such a stupid reason; they think keeping a ferret = keeping a wild animal that could go apeshit at anytime and destroy everything in its path. They have this fear that ferrets can carry rabies and endanger the lives of humans (namely small children since there's this stigma that ferrets frequently bite children) and/or native wildlife.

A fuckin' dog can do that and worse.

The law has been there for a loooooong time, but I know there's just got to be some Californians who were like "nahh fuck you" and have been keeping a pet ferret of their own on the down low. I'm just too chickenshit to join the rebellion, hahaha.

3. That i soo stupid!!!! WTF then my parrot can bite chunk out of arm too... but they aren't illegal... But thats odd? What about snakes and scorpions and so on? :D:D

Join the rebbels!! :D

4. [quote name='"Blessed Smoker"']That i soo stupid!!!! WTF then my parrot can bite chunk out of arm too... but they aren't illegal... But thats odd? What about snakes and scorpions and so on? :D:D

Join the rebbels!! :D[/quote]

They are banning lots of types of reptiles and have many bans on them all over lol its stupid as fuck

Then some family leaves their new born baby, alone with a ferret, and it eats its finger, or some fingers, and its the ferrets fault... if it had been an untrained dog, it could have eaten the entire fucking baby.

I'm sick of people blaming animals for peoples issues, pitbulls being my main argument....

5. #25 cosbysweater, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2012
    Odd? It's absurd! Nah you can buy snakes. I don't know about scorpions, actually. Maybe you can, but I'll be damned before I even allow myself to come within 3 feet of a scorpion. And I have arachnophobia, so if I ever visit a friend's house and find out they have a pet tarantula, I'll walk right back out the fucking door hahaha.

If I ever decide to move out of California (I have fleeting dreams), I'll buy a ferret as soon as I can. Until then, I'll remain a little bitch afraid of the law, LOL.

6. I heard there pee stinks! fuck that get a basset hound

7. [quote name='"TYRELHAHA"']I heard there pee stinks! fuck that get a basset hound[/quote]

Have you ever had a pet whose urine doesn't smell?? :confused:

8. wtf man? Your's pee defīnetly smells like flowers :D no and i don't want a dog now FUCK THAT! mine died 2 weeks ago :( but she was with me 16years

9. Ferrets are dope, I want a rat

10. If you do live in cali, you should NOT get a ferret, even though the law is retarded. I say you shouldnt get one because you won't be able to find a vet, and if you bring it to the vet it will be confiscated.

11. I live in California, own 2 ferrets, found a vet in 3 minutes of calling around which also is just down the street from me, and they even have them listed as cats on the vet record incase the records were to be seen by someone else. I know a few people who own ferrets as well who see other vets in the area.

12. That's so awesome! How did you get ferrets in the first place?

13. [quote name='"Weasel King"']

That's so awesome! How did you get ferrets in the first place?[/quote]

In cali, illegaly lol or go out of state

there is a breeder in canada who would likely get you one to cali, not sure how but one of mine came from them, but I'm in colorado where its legal lol

14. I was looking on Craigslist and found a couple who were moving to Hawaii and sold me the ferrets, all the stuff they need, and a huge ass Ferret Nation cage for $100. Surprisingly, ferrets are on CL quite often. :rolleyes:
    Also, there's no one at the state borders around here so it would be quite easy to buy them outta state and bring them home. :]

15. Bwahaha I knew it! I bet it doesn't even seem like a big deal to you, but that's bold. If I were to reconsider, I wonder what the chances of me finding a vet who'd be supportive enough to keep it a secret would be...

16. [quote name='"cosbysweater"']

Bwahaha I knew it! I bet it doesn't even seem like a big deal to you, but that's bold. If I were to reconsider, I wonder what the chances of me finding a vet who'd be supportive enough to keep it a secret would be...[/quote]

Any legit vet that understands the ban is retarded and is actually in the business to help animals would have no problem with it, I bet lol. They would write it up as cat work or something, if I was a vet, and I am very interested in that field, I would say fuck cali laws lol

17. Sorry bro thats the worst part about it, I had a great black lab but she passed away a few years ago.:( I miss her alot. She was my best friend. I still have dreams about her. I feel like i lost a part of my soul lol i loved her so much.

18. I was kind of sketched out about it at first, but I soon realized no one really cares. A lot of people around here have no idea what they are, let alone the fact that they are illegal. If anything, you could always call your local vets and find out if they see ferrets and what their privacy is like. They don't want anything bad to happen to them so they'll look out for you. :eek:

19. As much as they're cute, the cons heavily outweighs the pro.

Costly to keep, and prepare for missing items you'll ne'er see til you move.