Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I want to buy a bong?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ReD_LiNe, Feb 4, 2009.

1. I've never used a bong before, but I always hear about how amazing they are. I've only smoke bowls and blunts. So I am deciding to buy one to mix things up. But I don't know which type to buy, either a glass one or an acrylic one. I say acrylic because my friends are clumsy and I figure since it's going to be my first one, I don't need that good of a bong. what height and thickness should I look for in a decent bong? Is about 30 or 40$ enough to buy a decent one? I live in Connecticut by the way.

2. id maybe try and make a homemade one first, so you atleast get the feel. i bought a cheap acrylic one for my first bong and it was good, a pain to clean (maybe just me) but id advise near 100$ and get a glass one

3. Well, I only have about 80$ and I want to buy an 1/8 after I buy the bong so I can break it in. So buying a 100$ Glass one isn't an option, until I start work in a couple of weeks.

4. Personally, I think a bong is the best investment I've made in the smoking aparatus field. I bought a WRKD bong with a perc, diffuser, ice notches, and RooR ashcatcher, and it has been my best friend, lol.

I wouldn't recommend a really cheap bong if you go with glass because quality is important there. However, if you do go with acrylic then you'll have plenty of money for one.

As someone else said, I'd try a bong, first and foremost. If you don't like it, well, you just saved yourself some money.

5. Would it be possible to buy a glass one for around 60$? I don't need to buy an 1/8, a dub sack would be sufficient.

6. I would reccomend searching some online headshops and gauging prices. I had a 6" mini glass bong that I got for $35 or so and it was amazing. No extra features, but it was a favorite in my circle for a long while.

7. Your sig is tripping me out and I cant read what you are writing and its against the rules.

8. I PM'ed you

9. Let the bong choose you, man! :p

But seriously, just pick a price range, then pick one you like. I recommend glass over acrylic always, even with clumsy friends. If you drop a bong, you're a friggin tard no matter what it's made out of. :p J/k j/k, accidents happen but glass is still better. My first piece was a mini bong, about 8 inches and the glass is pretty thick. I recommend going to you local headshop and just checking it out. Think about what you want most out of it. For example I wanted mine mainly to be small and easily hidably but with a wider chamber (a lot of them were really skinny) and a decently shaped bowl. Which is probably similar to what you're looking for. Then it's just a matter of picking one out. Btw glass isn't that much more expensive than acrylic usually. My first cost me $30. Don't forget to pick up screens for it too!:smoke:

10. I think you can get a pretty good mini glass one, or a nice big acryllic. :hello: I would go for a mini glass one, easier to conceal and everything, cheaper, and still rips hella nice. :bongin:

11. Yeah, I was thinking about getting a nice small glass one, because I still live with my parents, so concealing it is a big factor in my choice. Do they often smell? How would I be able to cover it so it doesnt smell?

12. #12 BlackRabbit, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2009
    Well, if you're going to be smoking at your house (Which I wouldn't recommend, since it's obviously an issue), then the bong won't be the problem, it'll be the smoke, lol.

If you're going to transport it to smoking safehouses then maybe a bong isn't meeting your particular needs.

[Edit] I didn't answer the question; empty the water after your smoking session and clean probably once a week or two with 91% alcohol. If you buy a glass bong, that is, and it shouldn't leave any detectable odor. But, it's best to not take too mant chances; aye?

13. dude buy that mad scientist from grasscity.
    its sick as fuck and for under a bill.
    cop while you can.

14. Well, smoking isn't a problem, I get off from work before my parents, so I get home around 2 or 3 p.m. and they don't get home till about 5, so I have plenty of time to blaze and stuff before they get home, it's just about how I am going to store it. I will also be getting a car of my own soon too, so transporting it will not be that much of a problem.

15. i would get a bong off bat because they are professionally made and a homemade one most of the time has some kind of flaw so it doesn't hit as properly as a REAL bong would for your first experience.

16. If you're trying to stealth smoke you should look into getting a Bubbler

Seriously, they are like a pipe and bong combined. You still get fat rips like with a bong, but you have the control like you would a pipe. Plus they're easier to hide than bongs.

If you have your heart set on a bong, which is still great decision on your part because bongs are great, then i would check online or go around to your local heashops and look around. I had a glass bong that i bought for 40 until it broke. It wasn't big but it was a slider which to me is a plus. And then it broke.

17. bongs suck. blunts allll day, truss me

18. :rolleyes:

There is very little 'science' involved in a one stage bong. People have bought into the hype on that one. Sure they are made by professional glassblowers, but it's not like they have an engineer sitting down with AutoCAD to design the optimum device. You're paying for the name and the artistic merit when you buy the big name bongs.

There are excellent tutorials here and elsewhere on the net on making a perfectly good homemade bong.

Actually it's people who say 'my way is best your way sucks' are the ones who suck.

19. chill out you overanalytical prick

20. If I see misinformation I correct it, child. Does your mother know you are trolling on the Internet?