i want to break up with my girlfriend

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by gregysaurusrex, Mar 9, 2009.

1. i need advise on to do this without ripping her heart out completely...

shit sucks but it takes two to tango and i kinda tired of dancing...

2. tell her she needs to shave her beaver. LAst time i told a chick that they left me. then again i do look kinda odd.

3. definitely don't use that tango line.

i'd say it depends on how serious you guys are. have you been going out a long time?

4. itll be a year the 22nd :l

5. Damn I envy anyone who can keep a relationship that long.. Mine never last :(

6. "It's not u it's me"....Works everytime.

7. just start acting like an ass so she realizes you're not such a great guy. and then break up with her. thats how i lose my guys without them being like NO OMG WAITT

8. Start a fight about something trivial and keep it going. Call her a lot of dirty names, then end it. Don't call or text back either.

It'll be the only way for a clean break up without all the sentimental "it's not you, it's me" bullshit.

This way she'll be able to get over you faster and move on.

9. #9 Smokeitdown, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009
    Sadly, what HerbalRemedies said is the best way to go about it. I've had to do it in 4 out of the 5 serious relationships I've been in. And that way is the best way to split it clean. Just start being a dick about shit and start a fight over something somewhat important. Keep the arguing up and be a dick for a week or so, then tell her you need some space.

This is in no way a nice thing to do obviously, lol, but the one time I tried the nice way of doing it, with a talk and saying I just couldn't do it anymore, it led to dragged out bullshit and phone calls and texts for weeks and weeks.

10. Lol. The other suggestions in here may be the easiest for you, but IMO, you should just tell her the truth. That you're moving on. It's harsh, but it's life, and if she doesn't understand, she will eventually.

11. Look, be honest and tell her that you dont want to be with her.
    It may seem kinda harsh, but the truth always sets you free.

Coming from a girl, if you would in the future still wanna be her friend, then be honest.
    I guess it depends on how you want it to end.
    hurt feelings/confusion/possible big dramatic blowout vs. honesty/no guilt cuz you were real.

Think about it the other way, If you were going out with someone you cared alot for, but they didnt feel it inside of them for you, and hid it which would probly make stuff worse for yall. You would want the decency and respect from your partner.

Then again it also depends on maturity and where your head is at in life.

And make sure its what you positively want, cuz idk bout her, but im the type of girl that if you choose to let go of, then im gone. I wouldnt ever come back crawling to a man with some Wah take me back Wah bullshit.

12. Don't go for the drama and be an asshole to get her to end it (as recommended). That's just manipulative, and the pussy way out.

Just tell her the truth and try to respectfully end it. You can't control how she reacts to it, but it's better than playing games.

13. Try it that way, but some girls get kind of stalky if you try to nice the nice way out. Sometimes you have be very blunt about why you are not happy. If you care anything for her maybe you can work out your problems. If not, sometimes it takes a dick to get the point across.

14. Tell her "we dont click" LOL an x of mine told me that. I wanted to punch her in the face haha its the most insulting thing you can say without being an asshole.

15. To be honest, I've only had two girlfriends in my life.
    When I broke up with my girlfriend of 5 years last July, it was after a huge argument about how I started drinking.
    Now I'm coming up on a year with my current girlfriend.
    My advice would just be to tell her that you don't want to be with her.

16. be honest with her, but also be respectful of her feelings.

17. I think some of the women in this thread has lost sight of the original post

\t\t\t \t\t\t
    How much more would your heart be ripped out if someone told you they either

A) Didn't want to be with you anymore because of this that and the fifth

or

B) They call you a bitch during a fight and tells you never to call them again

With option A, he's leaving himself open for questions that he won't be able to explain without ripping her heart out.

With option B, he's just pissing her off making her hate him and that way she can move on faster.

Maybe it's a bit hard trying to empathize with men, but ladies, you've never tried to break up with another female, it's all crying and whining bullshit, not a fun conversation.

If he wants to break up as painlessly as possible, go with the fight route. It's not being a pussy, it's being a humanitarian.... or he might just have better things to do with his day then listen to some chick crying her eyes out on the phone.

18. I <3 this man

Come one now, lets be honest. Being completely honest and telling the girl that it just dosent work always works and does leave the door open for "benefits". I do this normally cause I have a thing for hooking up with ex's but if you want the girl out of your life then you haft to do what my man says here.

19. both options she goes through pain, but with a respectful option she'll understand it sooner or later and with option B it's going to be intense and horrible pain and you cockblock yourself from ever getting with any of her friends, and if you go with option B you're just a bitch, it's the cowards way out.

20. You people that are saying to not start the fight because you'll be a "bitch blah blah blah" really haven't broken up with many people have you?

There is no mental anguish, physical pain or life threatening danger in this, it's just a phone call or conversation... and if the whole point of the conversation is to dump your girlfriend, do it the best way you can without having to listen to her ask you "why don't you love me anymore?" or "what did I do wrong?". These are all questions I've heard every time I've broken up with someone and it never differs.

If it was possible for me to just say "Hey, I don't think we should see each other anymore" and then she goes away and doesn't ask me any of those bullshit questions, I'd do it. But in reality, your going to have to answer questions to someone you have no emotional ties to anymore, which IMO is just a waste of time.

You are a bitch if you allow yourself to be interrogated by someone you just kicked to the curb.