I want to befriend a crow.

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by LongIslandSuffix, Jun 22, 2022.

1. #21 Vee, Jun 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    I'll let you decide welcome to my ignore

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. I've had crows as pets. We lived a couple miles down from the local cemetery where they had huge yew trees where crows nested. I taught my boys that they were never to take a bird from its nest, but fledglings will push their younger siblings out of the nest sometimes and they were "fair game". So over the years we had several crows, a few barn owls and a hawk as "short-term pets". We cared for them until they were able to care for themselves and they would eventually wander off to be wild birds.

Caw was my favorite crow. He was one of the cemetery rescues and had a wicked sense of humor. He loved to steal shiny things (nuts and bolts when the hubby was working on the van, coins, etc). He would (usually) come when called and land on my outstretched arm. We lost him on a vacation trip to Quincy. He flew off while we were at a park where there were wild crows and didn't come back although we waited for him for a couple of hours. He was almost a year old by then, so I figured he just made some new crow friends and would be OK.

Granny

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Yup Just Ignore!

That's Really Cool Granny! I Like That Name Caw Too Lol Much Respect! It Go Along With Your GC Name Too!

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Wow I cant believe you're still active. I remember you from way back. I used a different name then.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. @LongIslandSuffix Yep, I've been registered here since 2008 and I was "lurking" before that! When I find a good thing, I tend to stick with it! :gc_rocks:

And what's more, I'll be 75 the end of July, been smoking cannabis since the late 1960s, and I'm currently puffing on some "Triangle Mints" topped with some "Gelato Cookies" hash.

Granny

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. Wow.. last we spoke, you were 65. Good to see you're still doing well.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. I've had a crow stand next to me and watch me smoke before. It was quite funny.

I've had ducks follow me on my way to work as well. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1