I want to befriend a crow.

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by LongIslandSuffix, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Crows are rather intelligent. About as smart as a 7yo child.

I would like to befriend one. They're very social and will know you by sight, from your car, and just seeing you around the town. It develops a bond and friendship and will even tell its friends and kids about you. They're great creatures.

I have to get some peanuts and other bird seed and meal worms and such. I heard them flying around yesterday and I had been putting feed out the past 2 days. I was outside smoking, thinking to myself how I dont think I've heard any crows around in a long while and then shortly after I heard a few caws as they came flying over head. I have to grab their attention somehow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. They like shiny stuff as well and will bring you presents in return after they get into a routine.

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. They're pretty much some of the biggest cunts of the bird world, with the most godawful sound. But that's just one guy's opinion, so you do you.

@Digga is friends with the birds. Maybe he's got some pro tips for a fellow avian enthusiast.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. I have a bird feeder on the way.. Ill have to try and find some shiny things to put around the tree Im going to hang it from.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. #5 Vee, Jun 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
    [​IMG]
    True: I had a friend who stole a crow from the Tower of London, and smuggled it back to Germany, he stopped every 2-3 hours for a burger and a pee to check on the bird, it was so chill he let it sit next to him in the car,
    some time later not too far from home, something happened, the bird attacked his face, the car crashed he died with 1 eye missing, no sign of the bird, last visit to London I went to see if the bird had returned -It Had

You will need a lot of rotten flesh (1 putrid rat a day for the feeder) thats what they prefer

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1

6. WTF That's Terrible!!! :eek::blush:o_O:blink::sad::frown:

~Toni~

7. I know I was dating his sister at the time, she said he was trying to train the bird to sit on his shoulder while driving

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. I want to be surprised this is the first post I saw on gc today, but I'm not.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. A bath feature is a must, leave out a mix of different of foods to start with get there attention & see what they like. If you plan on using raw mince make sure its the leanest type & frozen for more than 3 days to kill any parasites in it.

With the mince i feed my Magpie's i add an insectivore mix into it which is powered insects because mince doesn't have much nutrients especially calcium.

Digga has 15 species of avian visting the yards.
    IMG_20220623_050631.jpg IMG_20220623_051052.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. Just Randomly Decide To Take A Dudes Eye Huh?:sick::notworthy:

~Toni~

11. Can't Have A Thread About Birds With Out "The Bird Man" Posting In It ;)

~Toni~

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. The Magpie family, left to right is Dad n' Mum & my little Stormy.
    IMG_20220623_052115.jpg IMG_20220623_052201.jpg IMG_20220623_052031.jpg
    IMG_20220623_052141.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
  13. Mum is sexy legs & Dad is big fella, no no names. Lol...

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Lol Oh Ok then:)

~Toni~

15. in the old country when a crow lands and stays at your house ,death is soon to follow
    alfred hitchock has a great movie called the birds you might want to watch,it old and probally not enough blood and gore for todays human needs ,but it was a great movie in the days

it is also true of crows the same as buzzards ,the eyes go first

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. My Dad Had That "The Birds" Movie. I Seen It :)

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  17. It was a crownapping sounds like self defense?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Random..? Not at all, Han's had bought a new leather jacket, and was found with scratch marks where the bird had been sitting on his right shoulder, also he's been taking photos with his phone,
    the question being, is how did the bird get out the car...? that left everyone stumped

• Creative Creative x 1
  19. I'm shocked how many people have taken you serious.

• Disagree Disagree x 1