I want this made into a smoking aparatus

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by mogwi411, Feb 15, 2014.

1. So I've been recently looking into uv reactive glass.  This can be uranium glass, something called vaseline glass, or some colors/materials are just reactive.

I found this on an antique glass site:
    [​IMG]
    The top middle that glows pink and green is freakin sick as hell.  Anybody have any idea what kind of glass that amber portion is?  

2. This is soft glass right?

3. I don't want to smoke out of anything with "uranium" in the title. I like my current amount of limbs; I don't need more.

You can't hold no groove, if you ain't got no pocket.

4. Haha right? Smoke uranium and your first born will have three eyes.. on both heads!

It'll make your balls bigger...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCHQzk2okoc

6. #7 Delightfully High, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
    I ain't fuckin' with uranium brah. Nice glow though.

7. The uranium is trapped in the glass matrix, the only way you'd get any radiation poisoning or anything would be if you inhaled the dust from the glass, which shouldn't be a problem unless you're trying to cut or drill into it.

I don't know exactly what coe that glass would be, but I doubt they are boro.

UV reactive boro hasn't been in production for a long while so the small amounts of the glass that's left are demanding a huge price tag.

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. The glass has to be heavily leaded - you' probably get lead poisoning first. Sounds too toxic to smoke out of to me

9. I'm not all scared about some radiation, I'm a scientist.  The amounts you get from that teensy amount of uranium is negligible.  If people knew how much they were getting irradiated by cosmic radiation, they'd probably never leave their home.  At any rate, I use radiation in the lab (P-32).

But I've heard the same as instablaze, this is stuff from WW2 era though I read that the french used it in neon tubing as late as 1970.  I've seen some pieces that had uranium glass....or maybe it's something else and it's just being called uranium?   

10. Well some people will still use the UV glass even though its expensive, youll probably only see it on higher end pieces though. Its like $200+ /lb compared to like $60/lb for most colors.

11. Do you know if there are other colors that are uv reactive that can be used with boro?

12. I think lemon drop is slightly reactive but I don't know of any others

13. I think doshworld is working with this stuff. Check his work out. I know cushing revere did an electroformed collab droplet that glows.the glass doesn't go tho its something they put under the copper.

14. Slyme is fairly UV reactive... but there is specific UV reactive glass that looks kinda white in normal light. We make our light saber dabbers out of them.

15. pic is worth 1000 words, love to see a photo of those.

16. Testicles. Those are definitely testicles. 

17. Duuuuddeeeee do it

18. [​IMG]
    and you don't get cancer if they break!