I want these "accesories" if you will..

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by silentGQ, Nov 5, 2010.

1. I have been looking into getting a grinder, and a bong. As with everything I buy, I like high end. I'm no snob or anything, just like things you can tell were made with quality, and won't need to be replaced.

With that said, I was looking at the Space Case Titanium, probably the med. sized one. What do you guys think?

Now for a bong, I have no idea. I mean I've been reading different posts, which has made things more confusing for me. Percolaters, Ashcatchers, Diffusers?? I don't know what all these different pieces are for, well mostly, I know a little. Whats a good bong to save up/invest in? Do these things come with the bong?

Say I had 500$, more or less, what would you reccomend?:confused:

2. Yes on the space case titanium.

It depends on what you want from your bong.

Smooth hits/ durability/ etc. Or if you want something simple, just a straight tube...

3. Well ya I guess smooth hits and durability is what I'm looking for. Any reccomendations. I've heard of Illadelph, Roor, and some others. And whats up with all these extra pieces and add-ons?

4. get a U.S. Tube. [​IMG]

5. #5 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
    SPACE CASE IS THE BEST!!! A real Space Case will LITERALLY last you a lifetime.
    I have a 2 piece titanium Space Case and I love it! Get one, you cant go wrong and youll probably never have to buy another grinder after that.

As for bongs, just start out with a simple straight tube that is at least 5mm thick and NO TALLER then 18"

Something between 12" and 18" tall is best.

A diffuser is short for a diffused downstem. A regular downstem is straight and has just one big opening at the end, but on a DIFFUSED downstem, there are multiple holes or slits at the end instead of just one big opening. What this does is break the smoke up more and diffuse the smoke more through out the water which cools it down and makes it smoother.

A diffused downstem is THE smallest, cheapest part that makes the biggest difference. It should always be the first upgrade to any bong(unless it already comes with a diffused downstem).

6. sorry i'm kinda floodin this with pics, but check how thick their shit is:
    [​IMG]

7. sorry shitloaf, but your pics arent very useful in this thread as the OP is a total bong noobie and may not realize how extraordinarily thick the joint is.

8. #8 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
    You dont need to spend more then 200 bucks on a nice SIMPLE and SOLID setup with just a good quality tube, downstem, and slide.

An ashcatcher is a separate piece that holds water so its another system of water diffusion.
    Ashcatchers are not usually included with bongs(not with good bongs anyway) and can always be added on later so dont worry about that now, You first need a stable 'foundation' setup that would be able to accomodate an ashcather or something later on.

9. NYCdeisel, exactly right I have no idea. I would have guessed they weren't. So for a first piece, I should buy basically a plain one? Why not go for the one with all the fancy pieces, and save from buying another one in the future?

10. NYCdeisel, wow on your first post somehow I completely missed the bottome half explaining the pieces, thanks for clearing that up for me.

11. You need to build up and add on. If you get everything all at once it will be CRAP. Just saying, I have a good amount of experience with glass and bongs especially.

Just a clear straight tube or beaker, no percs(thats short for percolator) or anything.
    You want just the 3 neccesary pieces of a basic GonG bong- the tube(the bong itself), a downstem, and a slide(slide=bowl).

DO NOT get something really tall because itll just be harder to clean, store and maintain, not to mention unnecessary and it'll be harder to smoke from.

12. why not get teh Black Leaf Blue Dragon tube from grasscity?
    its liek $20 usd.
    Glass straight tube
    14mm gong joint(medium airflow)
    it has a rubber detachable bottom, so u can not worry about hitting it against walls or anything for that matter
    its 19inches tall.
    medium wide.

best $20 i spent on glass.
    i upgraded the downstem to a showerhead downstem
    vertical slits on end of downstem to shred bubbles apart for more smoke-water contact = better cooling
    it has a carb so u can adjust how thick the smoke gets.

i have a review thread here:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-t...-black-leaf-blue-dragon-many-pics-videos.html
    it has videos and close up pictures

20 bucks on glass!!! seriously an incredible bargain

13. Get a volcano. Thats the best $500ish ive ever spent and it is one of the classiest/most high end things you can get. :smoke:

14. The Volcano is NOT the best vaporizer, nevermind that the Op is looking for a BONG for SMOKING.

15. Ohh, ok I see. I didn't know you could upgrade pieces. OK so what's a nice piece you would recommend. I really liked how some of the Illadelphs looked. For a piece youre describing, what would something like this cost from them? or would you say not to get one of these?

ps Thanks to everyone answering, thisw is very useful, and very much appreciated!

16. did u check my thread?

17. O ya, I checked it out.. I don't know man, I dont really the looks of it, no offense.