I Want My Dad To Be Happy, But I don't Want To be UnHappy

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Smokey_McPott, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Alright I have worked in a rubber factory for about 6 months now and it's by far the most disgusting job I have ever had. Just the environment in general, My boss comes in hammerd, the chemicals I work with can give me kidney failur, brain damage. respiratory failure other shit like that. I also work shift work....2 weeks of every shift days, evenings and nights and thats the worst part about it.

|Anyways I called in sick today. And I went out looking for anther job and that was my dads biggest thing don't quit a job until you have another one. So I got another and have not yet quit the rubber place. I am pissed like wtf i am 21 years old and I should be able to do what I want which he said I could as long as i pay rent. i want to make him happy though it's like he's pulling a guilt trip But yeah I found another job and some shotty call center that pays 10 bucks an hour, 3 bucks less then what i make now but it's straight days and weekends off as oppose to shift work with weekends off.

All this call center job is, is a transition job i don't want to work there but it's alot more...well convenient

I just want to make him happy...he wont talk to me he's being all emo.

2. Good job, 3 bucks an hour less is an excellent trade for an extra 20 years, My advise to everybody is to stay away from chemicals at all costs. Besides our favorite, of course.

3. good luck man, we cant always please our parents but you have to remember that they most likely acted similarly to their's.

i quit a job at a winery that paid really well but treated their employees terribly and spent two months unemployed, but now im hosting at this mexican restaurant and its a chill gig. i really only do it for the legitimacy. people would get suspicious of a twenty year old that doesnt work

but hey its free salsa and spanish lessons!

sabes?

4. Say What ?

5. Sabes = "you know" in espanol.

6. i feel ya. my last boss treated me so poorly that one day i called him up at work and told him to fuck himself because work had seriously gotten that gnarly. i just had woken up that day and realized that i couldnt spend another day at a job that was that much of a fucking joke and there was no way i was ever going back. everybody always had told me that you shouldnt quit without something else lined up, but ive just made some extra cash to tide me over until i find a better job and its such a relief to know that im on my way to better things.

bottom line is, youre unhappy at your current job. what else is there to know? get outta there!! you gotta do whats right for you. your dad loves you and he will understand. let him mope as long as he needs to and let him tell you that youre making a mistake. just make sure that when he comes around, your are showing him that you made the right decision... you will be happy because youre not at that shitty job and he will be happy because hes your dad and at the end of the day, he wants you to be healthy and happy.

in other words-- take care of your shit and do whats right for you.. everything else will unfold the way its supposed to and take care of itself. your new and improved quality of life will be its very own "i told you so" to whoever questions your methods.

7. Money doesn't matter as long as you are getting something decent and have a job that you like.

8. You knwo how hard it is to find somthing you like to do and keep that for a career. Man I wish i could play baseball for a living :smoking:

Well I pretty sure I am keeping the shitty factory job for awhile at least and that call center I am just not going to go. I duno it's pretty retarted but i am going to save my money and either move to South America or British Columbia.

gahh work sucks at this shitbox at least I am stoned :smoking: