I want a vaporizer, but have some questions

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by StealingYerMail, Mar 23, 2009.

1. I've always heard that vaps are the best bang for your buck in terms of THC output, and with summer coming up I think I might get one, but I've never actually used one (let alone seen one in person) so I'm a little lost.

Firstly, how much should I be expecting to pay for one? I don't know how in-depth the "features" get so let's just say I need one that will get me ripped.

Can you smell the weed when you're using it? It doesn't really matter with summer, but sneaking outside to smoke a bowl in the middle of the night this past winter flat out sucked. Smoking in my room is so much better.

How about volume? Do they make any noise?

And lastly, are there any good sites that sell good vaporizers that ship them to you in an unmarked box or whatever?

2. Cost varies greatly, from around $50 to $600 for a high-end Digital Volcano. I wouldn't necessarily recommend buying a Volcano if you've never used or owned a vape before, but I guess you could. You might be better off looking into a whip system such as a VaporBros or a VaporGenie.

It doesn't really smell like weed per se, but when it gets near the end of the bowl it can start to smell like some sort of smoke, the closest thing I can liken it to is burnt popcorn. With a window open you could definitely vape in your room.

They don't make any noise (at least no vape i've ever used). You should be able to find a website with discrete shipping practices, although you might be better off purchasing a vape at a head shop.

Good luck!

3. #3 Vexation, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2009
    You can get a vapor bros for $150 which is a great quality vape and all you really need. It is better than most others because it has no moving parts so it will last longer and it's totally silent, unlike other models with fans.

As far as smell goes, they produce a lot less smell than a pipe does but you should still use a sploof and some fabreeze if you're worried about getting caught. You can find it on google and I'm pretty sure they ship in a discreet box.

I have a Vapir Air one 5.0 which was the same price. It works great but the fan on it makes a lot of noise and I'm starting to worry that it will probably break soon.. With the vapor bros you dont really have to worry about it breaking since it's just a heating element..

You can also check this thread ( http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/358274-looking-cop-vape.html ) for some good vaporizers and information.

4. #4 chullen1, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2009
    When I decided to get a Vape, I only had one in my mind, VOLCANO!!!!!!! I had never used a vape before but really wanted one with a good warranty and got me high as shit. The way I look at it is, you can spend 150 for a decent vape but it is just like buying glass. You get what you pay for.

As far as noise, the only noise you hear on a Volcano is the bag filling. I also have an Ionic Breeze and with that I can vape in my room with the windows closed as the fan draws the vapor in and cleans it. I have also thought of buying a carbon filter for my room. I would also recommend candles to burn.

5. I decided to try and buy a Vapor Genie. I placed the order a few hours ago, and hopefully it'll get here this week before my dad gets back in town. Either way I'm pretty pumped for it, I've heard that it's a great piece from a friend, and it's transportable.

6. My brother has a Vapor Bros.
    And its the shit.

I want one so bad.
    They are worth every penny. You get so much more from your weed. Its the healthy way of smoking. It kind of taste good. And it doesnt really smell at all; only a light wierd scent that doesnt resemble weed. Also i love the vape high and it fucks you up.

The only thing i dont like about them, is that i enjoy the smoking part of smoking and with a vape there isnt much smoking/

7. Buying my vape was the smartest decision I ever made. :smoking:

8. I agree 100%. Vaps are great, don't own one, but will soon. However, i really enjoy the smoking part also so thats the only draw back imo

9. #9 OGkush420, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
    Get an Easy Vape,theyre glass on glass, have digital temp control and theyre pretty damn efficient for the price.

10. #10 iPwnF00lz, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
    I'm going to be buying a vaporizer too, but along with it I will be getting either a nice illadelph or a nice thick 9mm US tube.. I'm afraid I will either stop smoking and vape all the time or not vape and hit the bong all the time. I love the smoking part of smoking, seeing the bong being milked, that big cloud after you take that beastly hit, but at the same time I want to conserve my trees and it is way healthier. Bahhhh

11. Man i love my digital box vape because i got an oversized glass on glass fitting for the end of the whip so i take take bong rips of vape steam soooo smooth gets me ripped out my mind lol

12. Damn that sounds like it'd get you incredibly ripped man.
    Props. :D

13. I was thinking about getting a vape soon too, but I don't really want to put down a lot of money on it. I'm thinking about starting my first ever grow and I could put the money into that instead of a vape when I already have a few peices.

14. im also getting a vape soon within the next month and i plan on getting the iinhale it a small portable one that seem made sick i like the idea of being able to pretty much use it anywhere movie theaters i can go to the beach and not worry about fuckin wind and shit. Smoke in the car without stinking it up. I read a review where someone stated that they liked using the iinhale more than theyer volcano just because of its protability and of how well itworks it comes with 2 year warrenty but its alittle pricey at 250 usd. but im seriously contemplating getting it at my local smoke shop

15. Let me shed some light on this... I've owned 2 Vaps thus far (Bros and Warez) both of which are pretty nice for the money. I've used a volcano for a while, a Silver Surfer (SSV), a Vap Tower, a POS "Bulb" "vap" aka a Soldering iron with a "bowl" brazed to the end of it = Worst ever! Don't waste your money.

…They are all pretty much the same, aside from the Volcano, which is a medical device really... And not at all worth the investment if you're not an addict or have idle money...

Those "digital" units are mostly a fraud and don't give you a real measurable/accurate AIR-TEMP Vs heating element temp. The AIR-TEMP is what matters most. The temp they show is just an estimate based on resistance-load of the heating element or some poorly placed Thermistor probe on/near the glass element cover.

---Speaking of glass = Please inquire about the TYPE of glass, as they're not all the same grades. The top grade glass is composed of Boro-silicate, aka Pyrex by 3M. It's stronger and thermally expands a good 1/3rd less than standard heat treaded glass. Aka it's going to last longer w/o fracturing etc…

So what should you get? Personally I've found zero need to spend full price on any of them. Ebay-special is where I've found my deals; highest I paid was $70 with the whip, Box, screens etc. I mean it's a ceramic heating element, encased with a glass cover. It either works or it doesn't... You can find them on Ebay for around ~$60-80 (don't pay over 75 please).

The older/really older units used (Vapor Bros & Warez) (and clones) used some metallic heating coils, then innovated to metal coil wound around a ceramic rod... then eventually a fully mineral-ceramic element thus eliminating any trace/potential toxins from said metal/impurities. Fully ceramic models for either; (“4G” for Warez, and VBros serial #80550 and above)

Okay which to choose; I just hit a friend's SSV and wasn't impressed by it, esp for $200+. It looks “cooler,” yes, Warms up a little faster, but that's IT and it's a PITA to carry around b/c of it's odd shape. I prefer the “box” ones. So between the Bro's Vs Warez, I'd have to say the Vap Warez gets the nod.

1)\tThe WHIP is so much better! Get the dual screen, it's worth the money (well sorta, it's ~$57!) b/c it has dual screens to HOLD the herb in place, no more tilting the box, holding it at some funny angle to prevent the herb from falling out of the open-end whip like the competition.
    ---Also with V-Warez, just about all their models of Vaps have interchangeable whips. VBros for some reason didn't think about dual screen and thus is stuck with the old 1-screen, hands-free whip.

2)\tNo stupid screen extraction/replacement method; Unscrew, take out, clean, put back in… simple.
    3)\tBetter warranty than the VBros imo.
    4)\tThe Switch is beneficial, while not a huge selling point; I found hassle with having to turn on with the knob, then find my spot w/o marking up the box to the temp setting I like each time; Hit the switch and it's on.

In all, those other “cool” sounding, $150+ (new) Vaps are gimmicks. Pure, heated air is all you're looking for. So if you want to pay more for cool names, and colors and shit, fine, but either way just make sure it's from a reputable manufacturer (Bros, Warez, VOLCANO *bow* etc…) Good luck and enjoy a truly CLEAN experience. ;) :smoking: :wave:

16. VaporGenie is not a whip. It's a pipe.

17. So you think Da Buddha and the Purple Days are gimmicks ? LOL !!!!

18. The silver surfer vape is amazing as well. It is a whip, has a 10 ft long heavy duty cord, and you can customize it to your liking. Plus, it gets me wasted haha.

19. "Gimmicks," no, but over-priced yes. Again the goal of a Vaporizer is heated air and that's IT, really. The medium needed to transport chemicals to your lungs is all we're interested in. Now if a cheaper product can do it equally/negligibly close to the competition, then why spend the extra money, unless you want the "uniqueness" or "cooler" looking factors? (I'm implying other factors as well, such as equal/competing warranty, support, blah blah) They are clones off of SSV, VBros/Warez designs.

I just personally don't care about the look of it per se, I just want the efficiency and cheapest upfront investment cost. ;) And really... for ~$70 I paid... I could pay some artist types I know a good $30-50 to make me some customized wood-painted box, or I could get my own little glass piece and nick-knacks and add to it and still have plenty money saved no?
    __Speaking of cost... those units are similarly priced around the VBros/Warez, BUT like I advocated before; I got both of mine "used," I check ebay daily for deals on Vaps and I've never seen either of them for auction/sale; you see VBros/Warez on auction constantly, thus they can be had/replaced for nearly 1/2 the cost of a new Budda/Purple. Parts and replacements are easier to come by on auction/sale, and from manfacturers that have long proven their durability and quality control... Buy what you want, - I'll stick with the originators of Vaporizing.

TGIF! :wave: :smoking: :hello:

20. #20 lwien, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    There's more to it than what you are saying above. Let me give you an example.

What if one wanted a vape that was super-efficient. The MOST efficient vape on the market, i.e., one that can get you higher on less weed than any of the others, than it would have to be the Purple Days. Why? Because of the following reasons:

The bowl will only hold about .025g.
    There's no bags or whips that collect lost THC due to condensation
    Fixed temp at correct vapor range. No under vaping, and no combustion.

So, regardless what you want to spend, the vape mentioned above is key IF you want a vape that is efficient.

What if you wanted a great party vape. Bags are really the best way to go for a party vape, and they can get pretty expensive.

What if you wanted a portable vape that was totally stealth. With the I-Inhale, you can put it in an empty coke cup, put on the lid, and sip vapor without ANYONE knowing what you're doing.

All of the vapes mentioned above are 150 bucks and up.

It really is all about on how you plan on using your vape and what you want out of it. Yes, the science of vaporization is a fairly simplistic procedure, but there are other factors to take into consideration.