I want a puppy

Discussion in 'General' started by TreeTrunkBuddha, Jul 28, 2012.

1. I'm going to get a dog for the first time in my life, and this is a question for all you dog lovers.

What kind of dog should I get that's a pretty decent size and doesn't shed too much hair

2. Get a Husky.

[​IMG]

They are amazingly beautiful and very loyal. The really don't shed to bad...just like any other dog really.

If hair is a huge problem then get a black lab.

[​IMG]

3. My black lab sheds a ton but hes mixed with something else and we don't know what it is. If you have some money get a bichon, or you could adopt it. My grandparents have one and he doesn't shed at all. They're pretty small though so idk of you care about that.

4. German shepherd vs. husky ?

5. german shepherd.

my husky shed a lot! way more than most dogs i would say. mostly a summer problem. good thing winter around here lasts (seemingly) forever.

6. all larger dogs are going to shed some. If you need it to be extremely minimal then you are going to want chihuahua or something lol.

7. Huskies shed a SHIT TON.

I've got a 3 year old male Siberian husky named Akiva and he has to be brushed every day to deal with his shedding. I live in Norcal where it doesn't really get hotter than 70, so if you live in a warmer climate a husky is going to shed a lot.