I want a pair of these....

Discussion in 'General' started by Superjoint, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Gravity Defied with 'Spider-Man' Gloves
    Mon Jun 2,11:10 AM ET Add Science - Reuters to My Yahoo!
    LONDON (Reuters) - Move over Spider-Man -- mere mortals may soon be coming to a ceiling near you.

Researchers at the University of Manchester say they have cracked the secret of one of the reptile world's greatest climbers, the gecko, and produced a sticky tape that can mimic the lizard's gravity-defying abilities.

Soon, people could walk on walls like comic-book superhero Spider-Man, the university said.

"The new adhesive -- gecko tape -- contains billions of tiny plastic fibers which are similar to natural hairs covering the soles of geckos' feet," the University said in a statement.

"The research team believes it won't be long before Spider-Man gloves become a reality."

Bob Full, a biology professor at the University of California at Berkeley in the United States, who was also involved, said the technology could be used for handling computer chips and could have applications in medicine.

Plans are under way to produce larger pads and to improve the tape's durability, said the journal Nature Materials, which published the paper. It added that humans could hang from the ceiling by covering just one palm with the tape.

But Manchester University said cost was currently prohibitive.

"We have considered producing a large amount of gecko tape, sufficient amounts to enable a student to hang out of the window of a tall building," it said. "However it would cost too much money, and would not benefit us scientifically."

2. Hmmm... That'd kick butt to be able to climb walls like Spidy!!!

3. So did I.

4. me too. wow this site has alot of perverts

5. welcome to the internet...... if you think this place is bad..... you have a whole wide world commin to you...... this place is like a kitten...;)_

6. meeeeeeeowowowowowwwwieeeeeee!

perverts?!?! hahahaaaaaaaaa...! :D

*I* have no idea what your talking about.

7. yeah seen it already. So how long til these penis exersizes start paying off?