I wanna stink the party up!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by seedling, Jun 6, 2012.

1. everything ive grown thus far (the successful rounds anyway) have beenpretty to the sight, stinky in the bag and sometimes tastful to the tounge but while burning it just smells like pot!!!! further more although they are pretty it just never compares ( look, smell,taste, or smell in the air) to the bud that i can buy from someone!!!!! ive gotten close with cheese strains buy still second rate compared to whats on every corner! what am i doing wrong? i use a 50/50 mix of ffof and coco and use the gh products. ANY imput is GREATLY appreciated thanks

2. #2 FireMonkey, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2012
    Do you have a grow journal anywhere? There's many factors that can determine the quality of the bud you grow. Some pictures/details of your grow would help.

Edit: Do you cure your bud? The longer the cure, the better...

3. 9 times out of ten I've found that peoples weed that lacks smell comes from drying to fast before the cure

4. Are you giving them a good flush before you chop?

5. i usually dry between 7-10 days. buds are layed out on screens. a lot of times i dont even cure! but the times i did it seemed to take away the smell even further. i let them dry until they feel a little crisp, then jar it up but once i jar them up they get back soggy and the smell just disapears! as stated above its always killer in terms of the high and appearance but once lit it just smells of regular weed and not killer. i use ffof/coco and i was starting to think the only way i would achieve this was to go completly hydro

6. also i do flush like 14 days before my harvest. a couple times i didnt flush at all but i didnt really notice that much of a difference. been kinda suspecting with the soil maybe i need to flush a little sooner

7. are you using molasses? Shit makes bud so fucking stinky lol

other than that, trail and error with drying and curing.... if its looking good, and has a good potency, chances are you can make it smell and taste great with the drying and curing process

8. this!

9. thanks guys, and big ups to private stalk!!!! i appreciate the love

10. ok what i didnt mention earlier was that a few times while drying i removed the stalks altogether and just let the buds dry on the screens. im guessing after reading the imput that this "speed drying" is the culprit!!!! from here on its either a slow go or no go. thanks everyone