I wanna start growing outdoor

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ander, May 10, 2012.

1. So I am gonna start growing on August and I was hoping somebody could give me some advices since this is my first time doing it and I dont wanna screw it up.

I am planning on growing outdoor and where I live the climate is semi-arid (I am from the North part of Mexico :D ) I dont have any clue about the types of seeds I should buy but I was planning on buying about 4 different strains (some strain being more Indica, other being more Sativa, and some blends of both). I wanted something like White Widow, Northern Lights, Skunk, Haze or something (I really dont know much about strains). Can someone recommend me a good seed bank or good seeds? And is it really worth it to spend the double of money in feminized seeds? what is the chance that my plants will be male if I buy regular seeds?
    If you guys have any good advice or experience please let me know.

2. 50/50 chances of your seeds being male. Although, you should know, If you buy feminized seeds, there is a chance of them being hermaphrodites. These are what feminized seeds come from.

3. If your planting outdoors and wanting to start in aug that might be a problem for them to flower properly with sunlight less than 12 hours a day going into the winter? My advise is to only order feminized autoflowers.

4. Ok, so if I buy some feminized autoflower seeds I wont have too much trouble growing on August? I think the sunlight in August is of about 12 hours and in winter the lowest it gets its 10 hours (but most of the times it is cloudy) :( So will my plants die in winter? another silly question, after the first harvest how long does it takes to flower again and harvest again? I know it depends on the strain but whats the average time for outdoor plants?

5. Depends on the temperature and humidity during the winter time there. Maybe someone from Texas or new mexico can chime in on when and what to plant in your area. I'm like 3000 miles north of you lol. Go look at some seeds, they usually have it's time to harvest in the seed description. Some of the newest and best strains that won awards take 9 to 12 weeks, but the autoflowers are significantly shorter. I'm prepping for a little outdoor gorilla grow here, I'm going to start pretty soon, just gotta select the ones I wanna acclimate to the outdoors.