I wanna see y'all's tattoos and piercings!

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by Soupicide, Apr 17, 2017.

1. (I hope this hasn't been posted before - sorry if it has, I searched, didn't see, coulda been blind if it has been posted.)

Oi, mates! I wanna see y'all's tattoos, and piercings.

I also want to know why you got that particular piece of art. If you're inclined, credit your artist, too!

I've got two tats, two piercings.

The tattoos:

Under my bouncing Buddhas, I have a couple of deer antlers "cradling" my midget earmuffs with carnations in the center. The carnations are symbolic to me because my mother used to always get them for me when I'd have a shitty day as a child. I grew up bouncing back and forth from wonderful mother's to abusive alcoholic father's...then butting heads constantly with my step father. Carnations tend to live pretty long in a vase, so that's probably why she'd get them for me. Due to my memory issues, for the life of me, I can not remember who/where I got this one done.

On my right thigh, I have a "sketchy" sort of piece of a buck with some circles and shit. In case you haven't noticed, there's a deer trend here. Deer were and still are really rampant in my hometown, so much so seeing them outside in my wooded backyard was extremely common. During my rough kidhood, I suffered from bipolar, schizophrenia, insomnia...it got to bad that I was even suicidal at the young age of 11. The deer used to come on to my large backyard deck, and I could hear their hooves on the wood. Some of my calmest, fondest memories as a child were watching the deer walk on my deck in the light of a full moon! This tattoo was done by MJ at Warlock's in Raleigh, NC. To complete it, I will be adding some watercolor splotches and shit. 12187906_138030176553897_5308400180276905079_n.jpg 14045659_291366967886883_6922378203558838697_n.jpg 15724929_357553601268219_5042942553777755149_o (1).jpg

Piercings:

I have a septum and a center labret. No real symbolism for these two, though I've been going back and forth for a while on whether or not I want to complete my face with another center labret on my lower lip, or dimple piercings. I like the dimples better, but the lower labret is more practical.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Can I ask a serious question not to offend?
    Why would a cute young gal such as yourself
    do that to your body. I know it's yours and you can do what you want.
    But do people think that it makes than look better and more attractive ?
    I am from a different time and see how all the tats and piercing are the big rage with the younger generation.
    Is it the in thing to do because everyone else is doing it?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. No offense taken, I understand that the older generation just doesn't always understand it. Haha!

Speaking for myself, and most likely not for many other young folks out there, body art to me is the ultimate expression of what is inside of my mind.

I am an artist, I designed both of those tattoos. When I start to think about getting a new tattoo or piercing, I think "what does it mean to me, and is this something I want to remember for the rest of my life?" If the answer is yes, that is one of many criteria I check off. For example, my thigh art is particularly special to me because of the whole schizophrenia thing I used to suffer as a child. My bipolar was so intense and untreated that it caused me to have hallucinations.

Some of my hallucinations were really fucking scary, some of them made me want to rip my eyes out, and some of them made me want to rip every hair from my body...something that I did fairly often. Imagine being 12 with no eyebrows or eyelashes. Shit sucks.

One of my common hallucinations was what I called an "ethereal buck that came to tell me it would be okay." This buck was about the size of a Gypsy Vanner or Clydesdale horse - very, very large. He was a bluish white, glowy, with antlers that were just huge. I knew he wasn't real, especially since he could talk and tell me that things would be alright. It helped me a lot in those nights where my hallucinations would get too intense.

As I got older and got medicated, and the hallucinations went away, my bipolar disorder remained. Depression, mania, all that crap really ravaged my teen years, and still do effect me today.

I got the buck on my thigh as a way of "seeing" the buck without actually seeing him. Having it with me at all times can help me find peace in a really shitty situation.

So for ME, personally, tattoos aren't really a fad or trend. It's more of a way to both tell a tale of my past, and help myself stay true to myself in the future. :)

The piercings though - I just like them, that's all. Haha XD

• Like Like x 2
  4. You are one of the few that actually have a good reason for them
    I am glad that they help you maintain stability and help lead a balance life style.
    Good to hear you are doing better
    Sounds like you had a rough go of things
    Thanks
    Feel better
    I like the Buck

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you :D I mean, even if people just like the way they look, that's still totally valid. :) I just have a deeper and more symbolic meaning, which doesn't make it better or whatever. It is what it is!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Mine have a lot of meaning behind them also, I think the majority of people with tattoos have a pretty good reason behind it, it's just that some people simply don't ask for the reasoning.

• Like Like x 2
  7. #7 A guy, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    As a side note, keep in mind that tatts and piercings have been relatively popular for a few decades now. Sure tats are more common now but I'm not sure your comment is true unless you're talking about folks in their 60's or older. I mean, nobody is older than @STIGGY but he's pretty hip to it generally ;).

I used to have a nose piercing...like 24 years ago, but no tattoos as of yet. Also, you're incredibly cute. Best o' luck to ya.

• Like Like x 1
  8. upload_2017-4-17_17-56-16.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. Did not mean to offend anyone
    I meant it seems to be what a lot of people do now a days
    Tattoo and smart phone LOL

10. I don't think anyone was offended, valid question/comments.

• Like Like x 1
  11. upload_2017-4-17_18-37-51.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. The tattoo I have is of Trump's face on my ass. The butthole is his puckered lips. But I cannot get my phone camera positioned correctly to take the pic. Sorry.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Aww damn, maybe get someone else to take the picture? :p

14. i love ink and piercings, but since i'm a bad, bad boy and have a record and my tatts are in some data base some where, i won't be posting pix of them online, but i enjoy seeing everyone else's pix..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Oh you a baaaaad boi, eh? Mmm you gotta get that record straight, honey bun! *flamboyant voice*

16. lol, i'm all good now, but i can't change the past but i'm not the same person i was back then, that's for sure..

17. i've got like 10 gauge hoops in both ears and a zero gauge tongue piercing and a few tatts.

18. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ This is good!

Zero in your tongue? Shit dog, almost like you're got a cock in there all the time. I'm thinking about getting a double on my tongue...