Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I wanna get a card in cali and got some questions

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by kevzila, Jan 29, 2014.

1. hello
    i just turned 18 and i wanted to get a card for my medical history ;) 

I just have a few questions that need to be cleared up..

Can i get a job in the medical field?
    Can my family doctor find out that i have a MMJ (we are pretty close family friends)? 

2. By medical field, I'm assuming you mean something like an RN, CNA or tech, so that's where my reply is coming from.

#1: As a former EMT & current CNA, I can pretty much guarantee you that any medical facility you apply to will have some sort of drug testing policy for their employees, and most likely the same requirement applies to new applicants. Cover your ass and do your homework beforehand on what facilities require testing in their application process, and also find out who does random tests as well.

#2: Because you're 18, your doctor is legally required to keep any information about your health/well-being/treatments between the two of you. If you were under 18 that would be a different matter, but the fact that he/she's a family friend would make me uber-cautious about approaching your doctor about MMJ (friends can and will blab to other friends...). It may be best to go to a different doctor for a recommendation in your case.