Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I wanna cook, but can't find mids/regs/dirt

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Syfen, Mar 16, 2012.

1. so, basically, I want to try my hands at edibles (I'm gunna make cannaoil, and make garlic bread with it), but I don't, and neither do my stoner friends, know anyone who sells mids/regs/dirt.
    I live in NYC, does anyone have any ideas on how I may find someone to help me?

2. NO, you do not use dank for edibles, its too expensive

3. This is probably a stupid suggestion as its spending money to save money, but if all you can get is dank, maybe eventually look into an inexpensive vape such as a MFLB or DBV.

Lots of people don't seem to like them, but I really like my DBV and use the vaped bud to bake with because I am in a similar situation as you.

4. really, money isn't a problem, I don't have a need to smoke often, so what minimal income I currently have is enough to sustain.
    I WISH I could smoke a lot more, but until I get a job, I'm stuck with the occasional tokes.
    I have 3 reasons for wanting to make edies
    1) I want to be able to get the couple of friends I got with really bad asthma fucked up beyond all recognition.
    2) none of my friends know how, and I feel for the sake of variety someone should.
    3) I enjoy the highs from edies.

5. [quote name='"Syfen"']really, money isn't a problem, I don't have a need to smoke often, so what minimal income I currently have is enough to sustain.
    I WISH I could smoke a lot more, but until I get a job, I'm stuck with the occasional tokes.
    I have 3 reasons for wanting to make edies
    1) I want to be able to get the couple of friends I got with really bad asthma fucked up beyond all recognition.
    2) none of my friends know how, and I feel for the sake of variety someone should.
    3) I enjoy the highs from edies.[/quote]

If money's not a problem then just use dank.

6. YES, you do! :p You can certainly use either. :)

It isn't too expensive, it's actually the other way around; regardless of the grade or quality, edibles are very cost effective, because when processed correctly, edible cannabis can be MUCH more powerful, and it can provide a longer-lasting experience, than smoking the same amount. If financial/frugal reasons are your motivation, you're actually better off eating your expensive herb than you are smoking it (I'd miss smoking, myself :D ).

It's one of the reasons why people like to save the low-grade material they wouldn't otherwise like to use or smoke, for edibles. It can give you more bang for your buck, from less material, rather than smoking and smoking and smoking twice as much of something that will hardly give you a buzz, when introduced to your system in such a destructive way.
    Even when vaporizing you're degrading a notable perecentage of your potency, long before it has a chance to enter your system. When carefully and gently activated and processed, you're consuming much more active potency. When smoking, you also bypass your liver which converts D9THC into the more powerful 11-OH-THC... this potentiating conversion can only happen, when you eat bioavailable cannabinoids!

:wave:

7. okay, saying money isn't a problem isn't entirely accurate,
    What I meant by that was that I don't want mids or edibles for money reasons
    I want mids because my more experienced friends, the ones who know people who cook, have informed me that makin' edibles from dank is not worth the price difference.
    Also saving up to the point that I could afford enough dank to make a decent amount of buttery/oily goodness would take a long time of not smoking.

8. I mean, I'm down to try it definitely, I'm using a method that makes single serving, heat activated, cannaoil (cupcake tray, in the oven)

9. [quote name='"Syfen"']okay, saying money isn't a problem isn't entirely accurate,
    What I meant by that was that I don't want mids or edibles for money reasons
    I want mids because my more experienced friends, the ones who know people who cook, have informed me that makin' edibles from dank is not worth the price difference.
    Also saving up to the point that I could afford enough dank to make a decent amount of buttery/oily goodness would take a long time of not smoking.[/quote]

Whats your question then. If your just asking how to meet a new dealer there's thousands of threads about that already.

10. My advice is to go look at BadKittySmiles thread (should be stickied) and read up. I would use her method over all others. She knows FAR more about making potent edibles than anyone else I have seen on any forum. To use another method is to risk wasting your weed.

11. Your friends don't sound like very good edible makers. The better you start with, the better the results.