i wanna be a meathead

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by BeachSpliff858, Jun 3, 2009.

1. hey guys, i am 6'2, 150-155....runners build. im ripped, but skinny. i wanna get huge. i am prepared to live the goon lifestyle in order to put on some pounds. i work out all the time, so im not going to get fat. im going to lift 3 to 4 times a week, heavy. do any of you meatheads / goons / muscleheads / gym rats have any tips on bulking up ??? Obviously, im going to have to get high and eat alot, but what?? Any good lifts/ tips/tricks for getting big and strong??? Thanks brothers....later gators.:smoking:

2. Eat a lot! You're biggest concern will be gaining weight so eat 7-8 meals a day with snacks in between all of them. Start taking protein and keep the weight high and the reps low. Buy or download the book Starting Strength and work hard. I had the same type of body when i started lifting. Ripped but skinny without an ounce of fat on me. The biggest challenge won't be working out if you do it already but eating enough to fuel your body as it attempts to gain muscle. I gained 35 pounds in 3 months of pure muscle and it was due to eating a lot of clean food. IE dont eat fast food just to hit your daily calorie goals (even though throwing in a burger/pizza with our types of bodies is no big deal). Just don't ever worry about eating too much cause a fast metabolism and lifting 3-4 times a week will burn a lot of calories. Also keep exhausting activities (running, basketball or anything that really tires you out) to a minimum. You're main goal is to pack on the calories and the weight so don't exhaust yourself with other things and in turn burn excessive calories/energy. Stick with it and work hard cause if you're body is like mine you can get ripped very quickly and see results faster than someone who has too much weight and needs definition (which is what you naturally have). People like us have an advantage cause being fat and watching what you eat is a pain in the ass. Having to eat a lot is a good problem to have in the world of bodybuilding.

3. I gained 20 pounds of muscle 2 summers ago, and for every pound of muscle more you burn ~35 calories a day, so by the end of the summer, I was eating a fair bit more than the beginning, and even when I stopped working out, my metabolism is keeping me thin. I have gained 4 pounds since that summer, and thats from muscle to because while I don't do heavy lifting anymore, I will play basketball or run and lift lighter weights now and again.

4. There are two main paths that you can take. Do you just want to build muscle mass and show off to girls and look at yourself in the mirror and kiss your biceps? Or do you want to build real, functional muscle; increasing your strength and speed?

5. twp pbjs and a glass of whole milk before bed every night

6. steroids :devious:

Just kidding, the most important part of building muscle is commitment. Period. You need to stay on your schedule, and not break it for any reason. Soon, it will become more of a habit.