I walk my dog without a leash

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Deleted member 967279, Sep 8, 2016.

1. What kinda dog do you have?
    You may love your dog and trust it, but use a leash for YOUR DOG'S protection.

I have 2 wild dogs and keep them leashed even on my own property since they can easily jump any fence. They're cool with most my friends but they react differently with all of them, sometimes suspicious and aggressive.

I have one of those 50' retractable leashes from pets mart for a 200 lb dog, though he's 55 lbs and she's 30 lbs.

2. It sounds like you did a good job of training the dog to heel. Congrats, as that seems to be much more than most dog owners can do. The problem is that even well trained dogs can have their prey drive triggered and react before the owners can counter it. Example that happed in my neighborhood was a toy breed on a leash was killed by another bigger dog that was being walked without the leash. For what ever reason the big dog decided to attack the small one and one bite and its over. Then the fun starts...law suits, dog gets put down by the city, fist fights.
    Do yourself a favor and keep your well trained dog on a leash.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I got a 90lb American bull. She's a sweetheart and she is trained to not go no more then 10 feet in front of me.
    At my cabin I don't put her on her leash because my cabin is isolated. But in town I put her on a leash. I know I don't need too but for peace of mind .I know my dog is super gentle.
    But it's other idiots dogs I worry about. Yes I'm sure my dog can destroy most dogs if she wanted to if a fight arose. But why take the risk and end up with a potential lawsuit and then have to put your beloved pet down even though you know it never started the fight.
    Just use the leash. If you can find a nice secluded area with Noone around sure let it roam a bit. But if your in a densely populated area I can see that being a challenge lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. I disagree Stiggy, my dog at my butter once... It's a bad dog that does not share. I've taught him better, I share my vegetables with him at every dinner.

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1387325/

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hence the exact scar markings on my face & the reason my close friends call me "Tony"
    [​IMG]
    Cute little focker almost took out my eye!
    Lets just say...........I got my bills paid.

6. You Too LOL
    My dog has to eat what I am or he will not eat his dinner
    Lil bugger sees his plate coming and runs to my plate and smells it than back to his plate and if it smells the same as mine he will chow down, if not he sits right on top of me wanting mine.
    LOL

• Like Like x 2
  7. They are funny dogs.

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1387325/

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1