Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

i told my mom i smoked and she flipped.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by summerblunts, Jul 26, 2010.

1. she straight out asked me and i told her not often, even thought that isn't the case. she went on a rant about how it's illegal and that i don't know what other drugs are being put in it blah blah blah. then she insisted that every place hiring drug tests when that certainly isn't the case. i'm just looking for a way to respond that would help me out on my end, can anyone suggest anything? she also doesn't know that my dad, aunt, uncle, and most of my cousins all smoke too. but i don't want to exactly tell her that.

2. With a statement like that, I don't think there's any helping her. I'd personally try The Union

Not much you can say though when she mentions that it's illegal.

3. Sure you can, give her the speel on how they retardified some fuckin poor little monkeys just to illegalize a plant.
    made up words are fun but seriously.

4. Tell her that it's illegal for the wrong reasons. Also tell her that you're an adult now and have the right to choose what goes into your body. Does she drink by any chance? You could have her read the book "Marijuana is Safer. So why are we pushing people to drink?"

5. Doesn't matter why it's illegal, it's illegal. If you get caught, you're fucked. That's the main thing parents rant on about.

6. Tell her I are an adult and if I am caught by law enforcement smoking marijuana I will accept the consequences. But for now you have no business telling me what to do and not to do with my life.

7. If you have no prior involvement with the police you will get a promise to appear in most places, but yea, entirely true I wouldn't wanna see my son if I had one get taken downtown unless he was a little shithead :eek:

and this, she can stop you from smoking inside so, just go outside?
    what I was told when I was 14 was that if I wanted to smoke weed it was fine but i had to buy it off my mom and i had to smoke it inside, lol.
    still was good times not being able to be caught.

8. Yes, and the ONLY rational argument you can build against the legality issue is convincing them that you're doing everything in your power to minimize the chance of getting caught and having it affect your life.

Know your own laws. Perhaps it's been decriminalized where you live. State that to your parents, and explain to them that it's NOT the end of the world if you get caught, and it's not much worse than a traffic ticket.

If your laws are more strict, then know them, and state you are using that information to your advantage. For example:

Only obtain and hold amounts that are in the misdemeanor level (vs. felony amounts).

Never have baggies or scales or any other equipment that would suggest distribution (usually an automatic felony charge).

Have your dealer come to your house instead of you going out in public to meet him/her to get it.

Only smoke in the house, and never drive after smoking.

Do all these, and you've pretty much eliminated the chances of getting caught.

Even with all of this, sometimes it's just really tough to get past the legal issue with most parents, especially if you're doing it under THEIR roof. Good luck.

9. Most people that smoke are just hanging out at someone's house while they're doing it so there is like no chance to get caught. Why would they still bitch if you can't get caught?

10. No matter what you can get caught , even if your in someones house , there's always a chance

11. she's obviously pretty ignorant about it but she isn't really max anymore. though she says if she hears about me smoking again she's gonna be pissed

12. Or, I dont know, research maybe?

13. you gotta be like mom im an adult now so you cant stop me from smoking the health risks are minimal to none so dont worry im gonna do it anyway you cant stop me ill be ok and tell her you will find a job for sure...

14. bro same here. and i was like, well i can either lie to you and keep smoking, or tell you the truth and keep smoking. but i'm not going to stop hahh.

15. That's why at the age of 18 you can say to your parent's "I don't care what you think, if you don't respect my choices, im out of here! (slams the door)"

16. And i bet you smoke weed without problems now lol...+rep for being from texas haha

17. Sooo... you don't have a job but you can afford weed? You don't, by chance, borrow money from your parents and then purchase weed with it, do you? If that's the case, your mother has every right to bitch.

18. Haha yeah that's my problem right now. She says it's illegal and it's expensive, both are true and I have nothing to say about those haha

19. lol i bet she smoked weed before and didnt like it...thats why she saying its bad dont worry...just dont blaze under her roof...and she cant do fuck.

20. She's just being a mom man. I shoulda told my mom, she found out the hard way. Just tell her you're living life the way you want to live it bro, be open with her. She loves you and doesn't want you to get hurt. Sadly, most people don't know what weed is really like and take it as some crazy bad thing.