I thought this was the ADVANCED forum?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Hawaiin Rock, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't get it. why are so many of you asking newbie questions on this forum? did you ever use this..did you ever use that. cloning issues. should i this..should i that...what id i do this.
    let me clarify please. ADVANCED GROWING TECHNIQUES is for advanced growers. therefore, to post here, you should be fully capable of growing AAA+ product. it should fetch $100 a quarter all day to anyone and everyone. no problem. you should be self sufficient. you should be able to beat any deficiency problem on your own and be able to recognize it immediately. you should be able to overcome any bug problem, but in truth you should never have bug problems at this level. you should understand that at this level it's all about protein synthesis. you should NEVER be using a peat based soiless mix. COCO is far superior...and should be used at the very least. otherwise hydroponic ebb and flow or ebb and grow or aeroponic only. unless you are a true old school organic gardener, and the dirt you're using comes from the earth, not a bag from a store. you should be able to use an EC meter and know why. you should frequently monitor your runoff for ph and Ec. you should have atleast 2 full years of growing on your own under your belt. you should have tried many products and be able to distinguish between the good and bad. you should understand what sources of nutrients are easily digestable and which are not. you should be in it for quality before money. when you do an experiment, you should know that you have to have a control group and a placebo as well, and you can not know which bottle of product is placebo. and don't even get me started about drying and curing properly. i will say that you better be flushing with warm water for atleast 7 full days and know that watering with warm water just before harvest plumps the buds up slightly. you should also have just a strain or two and have had it for years. ive had the same one for 17 years now. others here and there, but it takes years to learn a strain. it's like raising a child folks. that's the dedication it takes. Ladies and Gentlemen.......this is the ADVANCED section..everything else is just indoor gardening. Experts should feel at home here, not answering newbie questions all the time. if you can't say yes to everything above, then just read....do not post. you are not an advanced grower. please...respect the forum and place your questions appropriately.

2. lol what a crock of shit....so you're saying unless it's grown to your standards it isn't worth a shit. i grow $120 1/4's all day long IN DIRT so fuck off with your, "holier than thou shit, my dope is better than yours because i grew it" shit.

after 17 years of smoking the same shit i'd get a new line....that's kinda why i'm not married, i like variety.

3. #3 justmeagain, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2010

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night?

So what your saying is that this forum should only have 1 page with about maybe 10 posts.

Should there be a test somewhere to take to be able to access this forum?

Almost every question asked is probally answered by someone whether in this forum or others.

Some come here to ask a question to get an advanced answer by an advanced grower.

With the production and advancement of new equipment, soil, neuts etc etc everyday, asking a question about something you never used should not be directed to a beginner/newb forum.

Sounds like you need to blaze another, grab a 20oz and watch another episode of The Simpsons

4. You sound about as old as the strain you've had for oh so very long sir.

Although I agree, this isn't the place to be asking how to clone a flowering plant or how how to balance ph in soil.

It makes it worse when a ranting member wastes mods time with threads like this.

5. Oh golly, c'mon now y'all.

::end rant::

I agree that this forum needs a bit of cleaning and monitoring. I don't think post count should ever preclude someone from posting, nor does a high count matter more. Good information is what is important and there are just a lot of dumb ass people in the world. I don't see why this place would be any different of a representative.

I think to summarize...

The Advanced Forum should be for creative technique sharing and detailed comparative testing of methods.

Things like "works in progress" and all forms of questions, should be designated to the forums they apply to.

Above all things though there should be a higher sense of civility around here. To the people who don't belong, who post what doesn't belong, I suggest before you get angry and post a gtfo that you read my sig and take the advice to heart. If no one responds the thread dies.

6. I get where he's coming from a bit, I myself a newb pop in here every now and again and see basic questions which I've seen asked and answered in the beginner/indoor/outdoor grow sections. Just most people are to lazy to read those sections first and are looking for a weed guru to give them a giant leap forward(instant gratification) in their growing. I do sometimes get a bit irked at the situation seeing as I come here looking for discussions on crazy growing methods I can't even conceive.

7. perfect :hello:

"Some come here to ask a question to get an advanced answer by an advanced grower."

8. #8 Norma Stits, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
    wow..

this is everything that we don't want GC to become.. a bunch of douchebag arrogant growers who won't help anyone out..
    I think i'd rather read a bunch of noobie questions in here than read posts like this any day of the week.

some of your requirements in your post are laughable man.. you ought to re read what you posted.

and shit.. i guess i shouldn't be posting in this section since i use pre mixed soil..

ok i'm out.. sorry for being such an annoying noobie. :bolt:

:laughing: y'all hear that? If you have bugs at any point then you are NOT an advanced grower! Everyone knows that the bugs follow the noobies around and leave the good growers alone.

dude your a fucking joke.. seriously

9. I know you Closed this AW....But I have to Reply to this!!!

Well the way I look at it is...your Not an Advance Grower if you've never had a Pest Problem!!!

10. i think you should follow your own advice sir

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.