I thought it was a Nitrogen deficiency...

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by IIII2O, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Blueberry OG, pre-flower, outdoor since 4/20, organic soil, 60" tall in 30gal. So this looks like N deficiency and for the last week I've been upping the fish fertilizer but it doesn't seem to work. Maxi crop Atlantic fish fertilizer 5-1-1. [​IMG]
    I've been foliar feeding too but nothing seems to happen... The leaves aren't burnt- new growth not affected. They're perfect, just losing their green :(
    Should I wait longer for the N to kick in or is this a different problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. outdoors since 4/20 should tell you everything you need to know

bulk feeding at this point is er....

pointless

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. You post is kind of er... pointless.

4. looks more like a magnesium def. to me. You feeding cal/mag ?

5. It's not like I'm doing it on purpose! And they're all in flower now anyway.

6. What you are seeing is a big time potassium translocation. The reason is most likely that your root system can't support or doesn't have the reserves needed. This can be a big calcium issue, phosphorus issue, or simply over watering. But what is happening, is K translocation.

7. This is also why the plant went so slow. No energy. ATP=energy=phosphorus. Without Ca, no roots. No roots, no P uptake, doesn't matter how much P you have. Folks need to take soil analysis, use M3 and AA@8.2 and check for total N's, Al and Na as well. With that data, you can make a plan. The rest is guessing.

8. Thank you!

9. If you are going to be serious about being a grower and learning how to dial it in, you must use numbers. Recipes like Coots or whomever, rely on compost or worm castings or what ever else woo woo juice folks add. These all add up and can easily go TWANGGGGGGG.

These are often excesses. Too much P, too much K, too much Mg, haven't seen too much Ca yet, and I have a field that 100,000 ppm of Calcium on it in several locations. Why exactly 100,000 and not 100, 003? That is the max at the lab! However, when we test for calcium that is not in locked up forms, http://goo.gl/tu1id6 read this pdf.... regarding high Calcium soils and how they can actually be low calcium soils. Those Calcium soils with 100 K ppm soils of Calcium, using the correct soil analysis procedure which is ammonium acetate at pH 8.2, barely gives me 1,600 ppm of Calcium! So what do we have to do? Yep, add more.

And by definition, if there is salt there, guess what, not enough calcium. Why? Calcium is the only element which can push salt out.

10. High sodium will mimick low nitrogen, especially in heat.

11. Does that maxicrop fish say how much sodium is in it?

12. Doesn't say