Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I thought I was going to die!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Cactus Ed, Jan 4, 2012.

1. I almost died the first time I ate decarbed pot, or so I was thinking. The first time I ate any pot I didn't know to decarb it. This was in the mid 80's, long before internet, even before PC's. I got high anyway, but I didn't even feel the effects at all until the next morning at work. I was supposed to be teaching classes that day but all I could think of standing in front of the class was how bad my cotton mouth was and my tongue had trouble moving around to talk. I was high enough that I had to wimp out sick. The next time, years later, I did decarb it but since it was sorry quality pot I ate extra to make sure I would feel it. Big mistake. I was on the couch for a whole year that day manually breathing, wanting to call 911 (or call for help, I don't remember if it was before 911) but I decided I'd rather die than be a laughing stock, like that cop and his wife were when they OD'd and called 911 saying how time was going really really really slow. This was years before they became famous, but I was damned if I was going to call for help and live, but suffer the real life consequences of being a pothead. I remember thinking I was going to be the first person ever to die of a pot overdose. There are worse ways to die, for sure. Lesson learned? No. The next day I was much more careful about it. I only ate half as much but there I was on the couch again, OD'd. At least I didn't think I was dying this time, just too damn high to be enjoyable. It's kind of a drag to make sure you're breathing hour after hour.