i think weed maybe should stay ilegal

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by noobgrower614, Nov 9, 2013.

1. I think you should be illegal .

2. Yeah, even i think so, weed should stay legal. 

3. Nuclear Weapons should be legalized for personal use.

4. That wouldn't be fair to people who can't afford nuclear weapons. We'll have to start government assistance programs so that everyone can have their own nukes.

5. wait, don't nukes sprout from the ground? - no wait, that is cannabis that just sprouts up from dirt. sadly there are those who would rather people have nukes than cannabis, nukes can't light a bowl or a joint so I do not see the point really.

6. After having my card weed became so lame. It was like a curse and I just had to smoke the medicine. After quitting weed and not renewing my card, I feel great and I can now see how much of a negative thing it is for it to be legal. People get lazy and their cognitive brain span is no more. If you smoke keep it to yourself and stop trying to shout it out on rooftops for everyone to smoke. Moderation and little risk is the best medicine. But once its legal everywhere there will be less people getting good jobs so the sober people can swoop in. Enjoy.

Uhh... won't there be more people getting jobs because they're not in jail?!

8. It may be different for adults that started smoking but growing up and watching rave kids start out with cigs then weed and so forth and now looking at their lives.. they had way more unnessesary struggles than a sober kid did growing up. If the point of legalizing weed is for selfish reasons instead of a for the people to better the communities then it's a sham man., I think weed is great and fun, relaxing but making it easier for children to smoke is just going to make it more difficult for them to grow up and achieve their dreams. It's a big road block that would be better if it wasnt there. Weed legal is the road block in advancing our future young generations.

9. #209 KangarooBunny, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014

I'm not sure weed makes it any more difficult for people to achieve their dreams... at least not any more than anything else that's enjoyable does. Marijuana being illegal does more harm than good. It ruins lives, where letting people smoke it ruins no lives. 

Edit: "When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself"... if you're an anxious person it comes out. If you're a depressed person it comes out. If you're a lazy person it comes out. 

10. I don't see how legalizing weed makes it easier for kids to get it. Stores will ID someone trying to purchase weed to make sure they're not underage. Dealers will not.

Also legalizing weed opens up the door for a lot of responsible smokers to have jobs that test for drugs randomly and during the hiring process without having to change their lifestyle to accommodate it.

11. are you familiar with the cannabinoid in cannabis and our bodies endocannabinoid system that has been fully evolved and functioning since the sea squirt wanted a euphoric response from the world around it millions of years ago?

12. Tobacco and liquor are legal and regulated, but for some reason I was able to get it whenever I wanted as a kid as most kids I knew as well. Legalizing it won't stop kids from getting it. I'm all for legalization on 2 conditions... 1. No extra tax on it. (i'll pay the provincial tax like is applicable on almost everything) I don't want to see a $26 tax like they have on cigarettes. and 2. Let me grow it. I have serious doubts that those 2 points will be met, at least here in Canada. 

Those rave kids were gonna do drugs anyway they started out with cigs, as you said, that is the true gateway drug. So how do you feel about tobacco?  These kids were destine for troubled lives more likely because of alcohol and shite  parents then by marijuana...your a fool.

Legalizing weed makes it way more difficult for kids to get it then the current black market does. IDK if you know this but most drug dealers don't care how old you are and don't card. On top of that they're not selling a clean regulated product that has safeguards in place to not be filled with pesticides and god knows what else.   

The only "roadblock" in place for the youth of this generation to overcome is you ignorant thinking and others like you...

14. Weed makes YOU lazy, not everyone!  I smoked every day for about 10 or 12 years.  Then I realized I stopped enjoying it so I quit to doing it about 3 or 4 times a year.  Recently I started getting Migraines, TMJ syndrome and sleep apnea.  I had tried a bunch of different things, some of which made me feel like I just took a tab of acid.  Not sure what made me think of mmj, I didn't even realize it was legal medicinally in my state.  So I got my certification and went on my way.  Started with mostly indica with not great results.  It helped me sleep a little but not that much and was only doing it a few times a week.  When I discovered high CBD everything changed.  I now sleep like a baby and at night I get relief from my pain.  As a by product I feel less anxiety and stress.

But then I started to feel burnt out and tired during the day, kind of lazy.  My head was pretty cloudy.  At this point I realized that if I exercise the night before I feel awesome the next day.  Now I exercise 6 days a week, my production at work has gone through the roof (I'm in sales and my numbers are the best they have ever been) and I anticipate I may lose a little weight from all the exercise.  CBD for president :)

15. #215 Spliff Shady, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
    This may be one of the dumbest threads I've ever seen. Weed makes you a critical thinker. Before weed I used to listen to people no questions asked. Weed makes you want to do something if its for the right reasons. I was a lazy kid since 4th grade. Weed doesn't make me lazier if anything sativa makes me get up and go. It significantly reduces your chances of getting cancer and alzheimers. It cures and helps with many other diseases and it makes you happy. Based on these facts cannabis is basically the best plant on the planet not to mention the benefits of hemp. Also with all the anti weed bullshit that is constantly drilled into children's heads the ones who cover their weed uses up and don't make it known to the public that weed is awesome are doing a great disservice to society. I say if your medical, or if its decriminalized, or legal you should be as open as you want about your cannabis use wear t-shirts hats whatever. If anything it will make people ask questions and open their mind. About the tyranny thing most of the potheads at-least coloured ones have experienced police and government oppression first hand and I'm sure they will be some of the first to rise up against tyranny. The reason most don't is cuz they are scared for their families.

16. The only people who I can understand would want weed to stay illegal are the dealers making much more money than they should.

17. I don't think it should stay illegal. Tobacco and Alcohol are a lot worse, and you can get those almost everywhere. I'm not saying they should be illegal, but it wouldn't be fair if we are saying that tobacco and alcohol are cool, but take a toke and oh, you are doing something bad. 

18. If anything, weed make speople rebel against the government and "awakenes" them.

19. Far fucking out, man. Not everyone is privy to all this new shit that's come to light.