I think we should have an Education forum

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Wet Horse Lips, Sep 1, 2009.

1. I dunno, just a more general place to discuss school and learning and whatnot?

Just a thought. Organized education is a huge part of many of our lives, and since GC has done a great job thus far with the diversity of the forums, why not add this?

I know we just got a new forum, but hey, why not another?

2. I agree there are a lot of highschool and college students here.

3. We can have like Homework subforum, hahaha. Not sure how many tokin' blades wanna help with math problems!

4. thats actually a really good idea.

i belong to a few other misc forums and have often seen people asking for help. and with the age group that is here (assumed age group) it might be good!

5. It's a good idea for sure, depends on if the admins think it's needed.

6. I can already foresee an influx of conspiracy theorists who'll want to tell you how the U.S. education system is designed to stultify your intelligence or indoctrinate you to some globo-economic slave bondage

Do it

7. I blame NASA.

8. It could be very beneficial, even though I probably wouldn't go here for help lol. But for general studies classes, it could save some people from a lower grade.

9. Since I'm starting my sophomore year of college in a few weeks I think this would be a good idea.

10. Wow, I was really stoned when I made this, but HEY lots of positive support. It would be nice to see around; I for one enjoy spreading what I know, and gaining what others possess.

I think the mods should consider or at least briefly glance at this thread! :)

... I'll moderaaaaaaate it...

:smoke:

11. I don't think we need a forum for that. While I can see the attraction, at this time, I don't think it's something we need here. However, it will go under the list of suggestions.

12. I'm just glad you took a second look, hahaha.

13. I think an academia section would be more important than the newly added car forum. Not complaining or anything, just saying.

14. This is the first request for an academia section that we've had. We've had dozens of requests for a car section.

15. Oh, men and always havin' cars on the brain, lol.

Academia would be a nice choice for a title, I say. But now that I do come to think of it, we do technically have pretty in-depth conversations about whatever happens to be the topic of discussion in almost every forum. A learning experience, rather... like in Philosophy and Music, Religion, heck even English and Creative Writing... perhaps we don't need a separate forum dedicated solely to learning, but still, it could work out (If it were to happen anyhow) if it was arranged correctly (which I don't doubt SJ and RMJL could accomplish).

:smoke:

16. ^^^ I don't know, dude...the Chill Out Zone has become a little nuts :p and needs to be split up, I think. :)

17. we need a weed-centric chill zone and a misc (pandora, cars, music, w/e) zone.

and i second an education area. Itll be a great way to pull some more u18's outta the woodwork:p