I think they are done, not positive...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OCDgrow, Sep 30, 2013.

1. #1 OCDgrow, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2013
    it will be 10 weeks tom.  I think thats how long i ended up waiting last time.  They came out much better this time.

im still working on temps, I turned the ballast down to 400w because at 600w it was over 90degrees.  Kind of sucks because i know it effects yield.

first 2 pics are plant1,  second 2 pics are plant 2

Attached Files:

2. plant3

Attached Files:

3. plant 4

Attached Files:

4. there is another but i can tell its not done yet, the pistils are still big and bright white sticking out of the bud. but these... i think they are good to go just want to be positive.

5. Someone with a bit more experience may be able to chime in but if I were you I would call it a success and get ready to harvest those beautiful women. Those look really nice it's just a shame I cannot sit and blaze that fruit with you! 

6. nice lookin buds, bud. do you have any way to check trichomes?

7. yah i have a 60-100x lil scope i use but i thought checking by just the trichomes isnt the way.  i thought you look when the pistils recede too?

8. yes but trich's are more accurate from my understanding.

9. I can't tell but they do look tasty. 

10. its your harvest man you do what you feel is best but i bet they could go another week or two

11. idk i think theyre early still... lots of white hair the bud will fatten more too, if you cut now toyu're gonna lose a lot of weight in dry and may look puny

12. #12 VB_Toker, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2013
    They look ready

To touch on the when to tell if they are ready, I go by pistils receding and turning color. BUT that sometimes isnt the best way to go about it. I have had plants before with white pistils and had amber trichs indicating that they were done. The pistils didnt recede until AFTER they were harvested, so maybe something to keep in mind.

I obviously cant tell you 100% if they are done because I am not there, but if your gut is telling you they are done well it wont hurt anything to harvest at this stage in the game. If its too early I feel the "loss" you would incur would be miniscule.

just my .02

EDIT**

Give them a week ana half and see where they are at :smoke:

13. im going to scope out the trichomes....pack one up and have a little talk with them lol.  jk..

yah i read that the weight gets put on in the end so its why i wanted to be sure.  what happens if i wait too long?  anything bad happen? what kind of window do we have here?

14. THC will degrade, increased risk for mold

You have about 2 week window IMO. That window comes from personal experience.

Like i mentioned I think a week ana half longer will put you in a better position to tell if they are done.

Have you started to flush yet?

15. yes, just water this past week

16. Good you're on the right track!