I think these are females but need you're guys' help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tokeovertheline, Jul 29, 2012.

1. I just took these pics. I think my plant is a female, but always second guess myself. Also, what are those leafy looking things at the intersection of the branches? Is that part of flowering? that's what i was thinking, but i'm a newb (first plant) so i need some help from experienced growers. thanks.

Attached Files:

2. oh, and i know about the problems with the spots on the leaves, and have taken steps to remedy them already

3. Looks like you're still in veg friend, won't know sex until at least a week or 2 into flowering!!

4. so should i induce flowering now? the plant is about 13 or 14 inches tall

5. Doesn't matter how tall it is, in fact a lot of height usually is not a good sign, and appears to be the case with your grow. What matters is how many nodes you have -- if you have a tall plant with a low number of nodes that means your plant is stretching (starving) for light.

The more nodes you veg out the more budsites you will have when you do flip to flowering.

6. yeah, I put it outside during the day in direct sunlight, but it's been really cloudy lately. I am also using cfls for the cloudy days. When it's cloudy i bring it inside and use about 110 watts of cfls on it. Are those nodes supposed to be grown out more? is that what you're saying?

7. ...in the forth pic, see how the leaves are limp....looks like the start of an overwatered plant...let'er dry out before you rewater.

8. thanks guys. if anyone else has any advice feel free to post please. i need all the help i can get lol

9. ...that forth plant looks like it is about ready for a larger pot also ;)

10. I'm saying there should be more of them, considering the height.

11. Another one of those clone it, scrap it, learn about it, try again scenarios... seen a couple today.