I think the UPS drivers in my city are stoners..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Cooraw, Dec 20, 2011.

1. One day a long while ago my best friend and I were smoking our very last bowl. I was smoking out the window and the UPS man circled my neighbor hood 5 fucking times. This made me laugh pretty hard, as I was stoned anyway, and I was questioning if this was really happening. I look at the piece and I had laughed so hard the the weed blew out of the bowl. The last fucking bowl. :[

I wonder what what the UPS man was thinking..

2. He was probably new and was looking for an address. Though they don;t get drug tested so he very well could be, but, I currently work for UPS and you have to be steady moving so I normally don;t smoke before work. Its a great job, they hire pretty much anyone during December and its alrigh pay but I start work at 3 am

3. i worked evening man almost everyone at the UPS i worked at smoked lol the drivers are the biggest pot heads i think cuz to laod u gotta be sober no way i could get high n keep up that pace of work

4. i work at UPS and most of the drivers dont smoke because they get tested every month randomly.i know a couple that cheat the tests by keeping a wizzinator filled with synthetic urine in there car every day before they go to work just in case they get called for the test that day.
    but its a big hassle for em,and most of the ones ive talked to say they quit because the money is super good and its not worth losing your job+pension over weed.

also fun fact,did you know that the average UPS driver makes about $100,000 a year.

5. [quote name='"tonster0161"']

also fun fact,did you know that the average UPS driver makes about $100,000 a year.[/quote]

I call bullshit, UPS drivers are essentially mailmen. There is something wrong if on average they are getting paid in the six digits.

6. I'm about to apply then lol

7. [quote name='"tonster0161"']i work at UPS and most of the drivers dont smoke because they get tested every month randomly.i know a couple that cheat the tests by keeping a wizzinator filled with synthetic urine in there car every day before they go to work just in case they get called for the test that day.
    but its a big hassle for em,and most of the ones ive talked to say they quit because the money is super good and its not worth losing your job+pension over weed.

also fun fact,did you know that the average UPS driver makes about $100,000 a year.[/quote]

Proof please!
    The most they'll get is 50gs man

8. I was sleeping at my friends house and we heard some dude hysterically screaming outside, a UPS driver hit my friends neighbor and she died on impact. The UPS driver was black

9. i was just at my training for ups and the the safety dude mentioned he was in vegas following up an ivestigation because of a death....such a small world....whats the driver being black have nething do with this scenario tho...

10. Haha thats crazy my man! It had to be the same accident, she died on impact she was an older lady, the ups driver was hysterical and crying and he got like 10 years man, it was an accident. oh and he isnt black

11. A skinhead neighbourhood?

12. Those fuckers and the mailmen blaze. My neighborhood is kind of in a rural area so my mailman gets to wear normal clothes and shit. One time he came to my door with a box too big for the mailbox and he was wearing a sublime tee and wreaked of smoke. I was blazed at the time so it was chill.

13. it most def. is the same accident..that shit is crazy

14. #14 tonster0161, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011

proof of what?that i work at ups?
    in that case heres a pic of my ID with my username and date written right next to it.
    not even man starting wage is $16.70 an hour for part time driving and you get time and a half for overtime and in peak season they get massive overtime.
    and full time drivers are paid 21 something an hour.and since were part of a union we get a nice 1$ raise every year,so if you've been driving for 10 years full time your making $30+ an hour,with 60-70 hour weeks for a good 2 months at the end of the year.
    trust me man they make bank but its a hard ass fucking job,its extremely physical,fast paced,and stressful.

Attached Files:

15. my ex was a giant stoner and he's worked there for a couple years now

16. #16 Applepie, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2011
    tonster, even you are incorrect. Clearly none of you are drivers. Driving takes 6-12 years in most Hubs. You are off on the yearly income. Drivers reach top rate in 30 months. Top rate for package car is currently 29 and change. This will go up over 30 before the next contract (2013). I am currently getting 60 hours (max allowed) every week. OT after 40 hours means 20 of that is working @ $45/hour. We don't pay health insurance and last year I made $83,000. Package drivers aren't subjected to drug tests. Feeder (tractor trailer) UPS drivers ARE. The work you will do inside (unload, sorting, loading) is some of the toughest labor you can do inside the USA.

I started at UPS when I turned 18. Driving time was lower then (economy). I BUSTED ASS in the hub for 4 years and was able to cover drive then slide into a route and hit top rate by age 25. The work is not for anybody and when I say that it truly applies. UPS takes care of its employees but expects above average effort in everything you do.

17. Yeah, if you can handle that shit, UPS workers get their cut, and if they last until they reach qualification for pension, oh man do they get it.

And that dude saying they're mailmen: Ground shipments are at least $8.00. UPS moves millions of packages a day.

18. [quote name='"Fenton Mewley"']
    And that dude saying they're mailmen: Ground shipments are at least $8.00. UPS moves millions of packages a day.[/quote]
    And how does this change the fact they are essentially mailmen....? :confused: :confused:

19. #19 Fenton Mewley, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2011
    UPS can afford to pay their drivers well...

Public workers, like mailmen, don't get a very good salary compared to private jobs. And the shit economy forces govt to cut or freeze pays.

20. [quote name='"Fenton Mewley"']

UPS can afford to pay their drivers well...

Public workers, like mailmen, don't get a very good salary compared to private jobs. And the shit economy forces govt to cut or freeze pays.[/quote]

Lol, so they're private mailmen. :wave: