I think the universe is trying to tell me something.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by nascarfan, Jul 9, 2010.

1. For years I've struggled with insomnia, always found it quite annoying. But last night I took my ass outside, smoked a bowl and stargazed. It was fucking awesome.

Now I realize, I'm not an insomniac, the universe just wants me to get stoned and contemplate its beauty.

2. They let mental patients on GC?

:smoking:

3. i've always been an "insomniac," but really, i'm just a night hawk. I like the night better, i work better in the evening/at night, and i like my alone time, which is easiest found late at night. only problem is i can't wake up early, and no matter when i wake up, i'm a wreck for a few hours

4. feast your eyes on this thought to think; when its dark out look up to the sky and observe that the night sky looks like a giant dome and the stars look like airholes poked in the top of the dome for us to breathe, and the light they emmit appears as if it may be light shining in from a much larger area.

5. I do this almost every nite! It got me very interested in cosmology too. I usually look up and wonder how many galaxies are visible and try to work out the distances in miles instead of light years and also ponder the existence of other beings.

You're right though, our universe is fantastically beautiful and mind bogglingly large.

Try this for some informative stuff :)

Carolyn Porco flies us to Saturn | Video on TED.com