Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I think that I spend too much money on weed.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Keith McKief, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Being a guy that is low on money, and has no form of income, it's difficult to pay for weed all the time. On a weekly average, I spend around $30, and sometimes even more. I know that it might not seem like much money to many of the stoners here, but my family is low on money and I can't just be throwing away our money on something that only I enjoy. I don't like this feeling of spending so much money on something that is "forbidden" within my house. I think I should probably slow down to picking up only for weekends or something.

Do you guys ever feel like you spend too much on bud?

2. Weed is definitely a worthy investment. Even though you just end up smoking it, it is worth it in many ways. However, if the money you spend on it should be going to making sure your family will be OK, I think the money should be spent on that. It all depends on how bad you really are doing economically.

3. OH FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::mad::eek:

But I hate spending money on ANYTHING that shouldn't cost so much.

housing
    food
    medical care
    education
    clothes (optional...we should all go naked and save cloth to cover up the fat and ugly people...:p)

you know, basic needs...the rest, well, those are just luxuries, perks, tools.:D

4. yeah it kinda sucks to think about the thousands of dollars i must have spent on weed over the years.... thats why i buy in bulk now, so i get more for my money. i remember senior year in high school when i was smoking a gram a day and eventually spent all my money and was dead broke. thats when i put all my connections to good use and when ppl would ask me where the buds are i'd say i can get some if u smoke me out. went about a year smoking for free that way til i decided to stop being a bum and get a job

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dude, I have no job yet I'm still able to afford weed. It's called saving money...

6. [quote name='"wazzup123"']Dude, I have no job yet I'm still able to afford weed. It's called saving money...[/quote]

Don't even have to do that. It's called growing. I have t had to buy weed in years an I burn at least a half o a week

7. [quote name='"sgtstadanko"']

Don't even have to do that. It's called growing. I have t had to buy weed in years an I burn at least a half o a week[/quote]

Psssh not all of us are able to grow :( Or else I'd be doing it by now...

8. If you are a recreational user than you need to recognize that it is a hobby. Hobbies often demand financial commitment, but the enjoyment and enrichment they offer outweighs the investment. Even visiting an amusement park can easily run $60, and that is only for a few hours of entertainment.

However, hobbies are also luxuries. When finances are tight luxuries should be the first things you cut back on and, if necessary, cut out entirely. It sounds like your cannabis hobby is crossing that line.

I agree with your thoughts about cutting back. Perhaps if you limit your use to weekends it will give you an incentive to work harder during the weekdays. With less frequent use your enjoyment may also be increased.

Peace.

9. I spend way too much on bud, prolly like $80-$100 a week... When I was at school and realized in about 2 months I would be broke, I went out and got a job so I could keep blazin lol

10. Now days we have auto-strains, special strains. fast strains, odorless strains etc. The heck wait a few more years and some body will break the genetic code and will be able to grow in darkness :D (That's a joke, just in case)

Grow and Save !

Before I used to spent $400 a month in MJ for the Mrs. n Me. Now I smoke more $$$$ because is free. No respect for money. I burn it in a heart beat ... in my BONG of course :laughing:

11. Oh please $30 a week isn't much. Talk to me when you're spending $500 a month or more.

"Oh and have you ever sucked a dick for weed?"

12. Depends on what you mean by "our money." Do you have children to feed and clothe?

If you're young and you are working, $30/week isn't too bad at all, I'd say. However, I always recommend picking up at least a half o and splitting it with your friends or something. A quarter is $100-120 but a half o is only 150-160 (at least where I live).

13. =)

You understand, I spend around $100 a week on bud.

I smoke weed for many reasons.

14. #14 OneillSG7, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2012
    I know how you feel. I moved from Denver to be with my girlfriend (we're now married) and despite always being able to get a job very quickly, knowing the ins-and-outs of getting one, good interview skills, and a resume to drool at (3+ years work experience, including supervisory experience, AND having TWO store managers as references) I can't even get work at a fast food place. Wal-Mart denied me because of misdemeanor assault on my record. It's this damn 10% unemployment... older people with more experience are taking open positions.

Anyway, I usually spend $50-60 every ten days and savings is running low so pretty soon I'm not gonna be able to buy. I feel your pain. Here's to hoping legalization may some day make it cheeper!

You know, it gets a little tiring when people hand out this advice like candy. Not only do some people not have the space or funds to start growing, but like any plant that yields a product it takes a lot of expertise. It would take years to perfect ones knowledge and technique to grow a plant that yields any good weed... so it's not a "fix all" solution. Don't forget that you're fucked if any law enforcement finds your plants. Here in NE colorado, they put it in the damn paper when people are arrested for possession / paraphernalia much less growing!

I don't mean to troll but seriously. We can all take a collective trip to the tutorial threads on growing cannabis on this very forum and see how much dedication it takes.

15. #15 zeroshawdow, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2012
    OMG My eyes cannot believe this a little tiring rant, when we are trying to help people to save. Is ok to spent money that you barely have, but is not ok too put a little effort to learn to grow good mmj that you digg so much ? Now days there is so much help than 4years ago and that's a fact. Is just a plant, matter fact is a Wild Weed Plant, therefore hard to kill.

I don't mean to troll but seriously. You can take a collective trip to the MJ Tutorials and ask to us and most likely, We will be happy to assist you. But if you do not have the money to buy, neither the patience to grow, maybe at that point of your Life the easy decision will be to take a Break until one of the situations in your life gets resolved.

We are doing something illegal regardless. Might as well save some money then and not hand it over to the Street Corner Dealer (If you are not legally authorize to buy MMJ in a Legal State) The higher % of people getting busted is if you spread the word beyond your wife is you married or brag about your growing with close friends to you, Beside that I'm 4 years + 100% Problem Free. Thanks to that I do not have to deal with Crazy Characters, Shady Attitudes, Rip-Offs and the list can get Ginormous if I continue ...

But going back to the title ... Grow and Money will not be a problem for you to smoke the best bud in the world ... YOUR OWN HOMEGROWN

16. If you're a young adult in your parents house, I say don't worry :)

If it's your own family, your girlfriend/kid etc. then you shouldn't prioritise weed over them :)

:wave:

17. I just think of weed as my medication, adderal.

18. Haha I wish I could get by on 30 a week.

19. [quote name='"zeroshawdow"']

OMG My eyes cannot believe this a little tiring rant, when we are trying to help people to save. Is ok to spent money that you barely have, but is not ok too put a little effort to learn to grow good mmj that you digg so much ? Now days there is so much help than 4years ago and that's a fact. Is just a plant, matter fact is a Wild Weed Plant, therefore hard to kill.

I don't mean to troll but seriously. You can take a collective trip to the MJ Tutorials and ask to us and most likely, We will be happy to assist you. But if you do not have the money to buy, neither the patience to grow, maybe at that point of your Life the easy decision will be to take a Break until one of the situations in your life gets resolved.

We are doing something illegal regardless. Might as well save some money then and not hand it over to the Street Corner Dealer (If you are not legally authorize to buy MMJ in a Legal State) The higher % of people getting busted is if you spread the word beyond your wife is you married or brag about your growing with close friends to you, Beside that I'm 4 years + 100% Problem Free. Thanks to that I do not have to deal with Crazy Characters, Shady Attitudes, Rip-Offs and the list can get Ginormous if I continue ...

But going back to the title ... Grow and Money will not be a problem for you to smoke the best bud in the world ... YOUR OWN HOMEGROWN[/quote]

this! i started growing a lil more than a yr ago cuz bud on the streets was getting too expensive and inconsistent quality. plus meeting up to get some is always risky.
    u dont need much space, i got a cabinet in my room. yea it takes some dedication but at least its for something u luv and u def get rewarded big time for it. now after 3 grows i got more bud than i could have ever dreamed of. and growing is hella fun too!