i think shes ready, whats next? (first grow PICS INSIDE)

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Jaded1983, Mar 12, 2009.

1. #1 Jaded1983, Mar 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
    this is my first grow and i think im ready to harvest.. the crystals are the color im looking for and its been just about 2 months.

what do i do next? do i need to flush the plant and wait a few days before harvesting?

2. If your plant is ready then you should chop. Coming up to harvest you should of stopped nutes anyway so there's no need to flush.

Pics would be nice.

3. #3 Jaded1983, Mar 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2009
    I did stop but needed to start again. Its been about 5 days since its had nutes.

So what do I do next? And what kind of pics do u want? Its hard to take pics of the crystals though the microscope. But they are mostly milky white and I'm probably not gonna have time to harvest till friday night or saturday.

4. Just some pics of the whole plant and some close-ups if posible. It helps make a better judgement and give better advice. With a decent enough resolution camera we can see at the least the structure of the trichs.

If you're really positive your ready to chop it then go for it. Cut the baby out, trim the leaves and dry. Check this for more info on properly drying/curing:

http://growfaq.net/index.php?action=artikel&cat=9&id=16&artlang=en

5. So basicly I trim them and hang them in a dark closet for a month and then cure them in a jar for a month opening it twice a day to breathe?

I can take pics later today, but due to posting them on photobucket they get scaled down.

6. heres some pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. I cure for 14 days give or take a few... a month is too much. As for curing, the longer the better. Other than that you got it.

8. #8 Ganja Ganja, Mar 13, 2009
    If I were you I'd flush with RO water a few days before harvest then starve it of humidity for 3 or 4 days.... it will significantly frost up your buds with resin.

9. #9 Jaded1983, Mar 13, 2009
    RO water? run off? or Reverse osmosis?

and when you say starve you mean no food or water and the lights off?

10. reverse osmosis - 0ppm

11. oh ok what about the starving part?

12. gotcha.. so you suggest starting right away?

13. Again, I can't see the trichomes well enough to tell you definitely how close to harvest time you are. Based on the relative plant growth I'd say your a week or two away from harvest. Do you have a magnifying glass or a telescope? You really need to get a better look at the trichs to tell... (you want to start the flushing/humidity drop process 1 week before harvesting).

Check out here to decide if your ready to harvest:
    http://growfaq.net/index.php?sid=1915503&lang=en&action=artikel&cat=9&id=2&artlang=en

14. Major props bro... ya did it! What all the n00b growers dream of - getting a plant to the end with buds on branches! Woot!

Now for the fun part: Patience. At the end of the grow it's certainly one of the hardest things to muster up - just smellin' her makes ya wanna take an apple off that tree. But ya gotta be strong. Just think, each bud you see today that is 1/2inch might be 1nch in a week. Multiply that across the plant and you'll see why it's important to hang in there.

You NEED to get a radio shack microscope. Do it. Order online if you dont have one around you. Get it. Now. I'll wait....

Ok... now that you have that coming - USE IT. Clip a tiny leaf (about 1/4inch) from the top, middle and lower buds. Now look at those trichs in the scope. All clear? cloudy? amber? This is where you, as the master grower, get to decide the TYPE of high you want! Pretty cool eh.

DO NOT go by the hairs. DO NOT go by your naked eye and how the bud looks. Go by the trichs.