I think pot has killed my personality..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GanjaGuru69, May 14, 2010.

1. This.
    I think I'm feeling exactly what you're describing OP, and what ashleybear is talking about with the whole laziness thing is bang on. My grades have generally been pretty high, and, without meaning to sounds arrogant, I am pretty clever. But pot has definitely made me lazier, I mean shit, I've got my French A level in 3 days and I'm sitting here rolling a joint, watching movies. Trying to find motivation, not just in terms of work, for anything really, is my problem.
    I also get the whole social awkwardness, and find myself pissed off with a lot of small talk, and like a few people have said, I feel like I can see through people's bullshit now, I can tell when people are just talking for the sake of talking, and I'm glad I'm not like that. I like not being the same as everyone else, and I like the fact that when I do find people I can relate to, they generally become really good friends.
    I think weed is definitely to blame/thank for these changes, but not entirely, I feel like I was kind of like this before, and weed has just enhanced my personality if that makes sense, I still feel insecure but less so than I have, and I definitely care less about what people think of me now.
    I can't say for sure whether or not what you're feeling will pass, but I trust these guys, and almost everyone is saying it will. I think as much as anything it's coming to terms with it and just trying to think of these changes as good that will help.
    Sorry for the long, rambling post, hope it helps/makes sense

peace

2. If you're high pretty much 24/7...(me) It can take different effects on you. Not usually that bad, usually for the good.

3. I feel my experience with weed has gone the same as the OP's, except I have learned not to look at the change in a bad way. Weed has definitely opened my mind, and while it has had a negative effect on my social life, it has helped me become more content with myself. While weed may consequently not allow you to speak to random people as you once could, it provides a way to really know who your friends are, and really advance your relationship with them.

Smoking triggers a realization in most people's minds; most conversation is not necessary. I have matured beyond my years since smoking, letting things go that dont need to be discussed, while maintaing the same brain function as before. Sometimes I need to convince myself that my brain function is the same, if not better, because weed lets you critique yourself without insecurity.

I could speak for hours about how it has changed my life, but weed allows you to find things which everyone else looks for in life, self realization and satisfaction with your life. I found that these things can be found faster if you meet Lucy, but thats another story :D

4. +rep!

5. I think you probably just care to much about what people think of you, and the people you can actually talk to are probably stoners themselves too? Its easier to relate to another person who smokes. I kinda felt the same way as you when i first started smoking.

6. moderation is key with everything, drugs in perticular

7. im in the exact same situation as u man.

pitty + rep

8. if you really wanna be social again and stimulate your mind just get a prescription for aderol

9. its not the weed bro, your just growing up

10. You have add or adhd.
    I had SAME symptoms. doctor put my on vyvanse. all of it went away.

maybe try to go to the doctor is my suggestion.

11. I have the same problem man.

smoke less, and learn to stop worrying.

Takes time (took me years), but you will get past those feelings.

I wouldnt try to solve this with medications either (like above poster suggested). Much better to pull through this on your own without some kind of crutch that youll become dependent on.

12. Pills aren't always the answer.

13. i kno what you mean, i always feel zoned out, just not right. i have been diagnosed with derealization, but the doctor doesnt think its from smoking weed in itself, i have been using class a's and b's since i was around 15 y/o. do u use any other drugs? if so, stop, it might help you feel better.

go see your doctor, they can explain what your feeling to you (everythings confidential) and just knowing your not going completely insane makes you feel alot better.:)

14. precisely.

15. Marijuana is the best coping mechanism i have, when i have a shitty day, i go home load some bowls in the bong and spend the evening by myself. There are sometimes where I just don't feel like talking to anyone about anything, why? Because i need time to forget about the day and just focus on my thoughts alone. A lot of close friends of mine are the same way.

16. +1

Too much of ANYTHING can be a bad thing.

Also, just want to throw this out there:
    I would also recommend trying EVERYTHING else before thinking about a prescription solution.

17. dude your right about that cuz its happening to me to. idk man its fucked up but iv been smoking for 3 years pretty much nonstop so my personalitys hangin by a thread lol let me know if u find any solutions :confused::smoke::D

18. way the pull the words out of my mind. very well stated.

19. Throughout this thread people have been saying ''its strange, weed makes me feel the opposite'' , or ''i feel the same'' , or, '' i use weed to help my personality''. this just shows that it is NOT THE WEED!!!

ITS JUST LIFE!.

toke on.