i think people should chill about the over 18 thing

Discussion in 'General' started by Soccerguy420, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm not saying the rule, because I'm okay with that to keep the young ones out and all that, but every thread that mentions parents typically has 10-15 posts saying "you need to be 18 to post here", "you 18 man??" "UNDERAGE OMG". i understand its in the rules but it seems kind of redundant, inevitably there are going to be people on this forum that are under 18, but as long as they are not an annoyance and are open about their age then i dont think it would be a problem.

plus, all the "your not 18" comments are never constructive, the OP could live with his parents after college, or might be commuting to college, or any other situation that would allow an 18 year old kid to be living with his parents.

and im not sure if this analogy makes sense, but rules are here for a reason. but rules are only enforced by a group of people for a reason, right? (im referring to police). if we had citizens turning on eachother because we smoked then it would suck to live here at all :eek:

im not sure if this makes too much sense, i feel like jeans that have been washed a million times, but hopefully i get my point across.

2. u mad? u not 18?

[​IMG]

3. I was expecting a post like that. No, its just not constructive to have a slurry of "your not 18 lol"s after someone posting about smoking in their parents house

4. Only people under 18 have a problem with this

5. I think people under 18 should chill about the i think people should chill about the over 18 thing

6. im over 18. i have a problem with this

7. Is there any serious people on this forum? Yes I agree OP. Only someone whose under 18 would make an immature post like the pedo picture and mushroom.

8. hey man i heard you were under 18...:cool: you shouldnt post about that stuff or youll get flamed.:eek: or banned :(
    :smoke

edit: but i did want to mention i do agree with the OP if your not a mod its not your job :)

9. One part of that is a lie

10. [​IMG]

11. you are wrong

12. it's only an issue if you make it an issue

if someone makes an '18' comment, just skip it

13. Sigh - again? With this?

This exact topic has been done so many many times. I guess I'll reiterate it again.

NO ONE IS BREAKING ANY RULES BY CALLING OUT UNDERAGE USERS.

WE DO NOT WANT UNDERAGE USERS ON GRASS CITY. PERIOD.

We'd rather that you report the user instead of posting about it, but it's not breaking any rules, and frankly I think the staff would rather they be called out then tacitly approved of. See that's the thing, when you DO NOT call out an underage user, they seem to think it's OK for them to be here.

GUESS WHAT?

IT'S NOT.

14. You must be under 18 too

15. theyre gunna be here whether you like it or not.

16. YOU 18 bro?
    ay man next time just click new posts and pick a diff thread kthx

starting threads ranting about it is kinda pointless yakno?

17. using that logic, we should reduce the legal drinking age to 15, because they're gonna drink whether we like it or not

they won't be here if they get banned for being under 18

18. Underage users and above age users aiding the underage are WildWills pet peeves.

Trust me

19. I know its not breaking any rules, I guess my message comes down to asking what is the point of making a useless comment such as that, when you can just constructively comment the OP and let the mods handle it.

And sigh, I'm not speaking from experience, i just came from a thread that i described in the original post

20. you see, this is the internet, why do you care?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.