I think my plant is dying

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Plaidie, May 14, 2009.

1. #1 Plaidie, May 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2009
    Hello. yesterday i cut down 2 banana peels and took my plant up and mixed it wit the soild and put put the plant back down and 8 hours later my plant got very soft and leafs got also very soft and now the leaves are beginging to dry up.

Maby some roots got riped of and i think i over watered the soil and it´s not looking very good.

can anyone get me some advice?

The plant looked so good 2 days ago :(

http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0042k.jpg

2. whatever you did with those bananas was the wrong thing to do....

why did you mess with it like that? i would think that banana peels would get all nasty and shit - please correct me if im missing something....i usually do :smoking:

3. whats up with the bananas? looking for potassium?

just use a well balanced fert

4. I wast told that banana peel was good neutrients and i wanted to test it.

Should i stop watering for a few days or should i replace the entire soli? I dont think the banana peel caused this that quickly

5. its in transplant shock....

wash ALL the soil from the roots under the tap, transplant to fresh soil and water with one cup of water and 1 drop of "Superthrive"(vitamin B great for shock)

[​IMG]

6. The problem is i dont have any good flower shop here that sell thoese things. but i will wash the roots and put in new soil and hope for the best.

I have powder root hormones. Will that do to save my plant?

7. NO

Superthrive is available everywhere Target, Ace hardware, wally world etc etc etc

you need to do some reading about these plants in the beginners forum...seriously

8. #8 Plaidie, May 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2009
    Belive me. I wont find it here in this small town soon enaugh.

I´ll clean the roots and new soil and hope for the best.

I live in iceland and products like that aren´t easy to find

9. Umm...while I do see the logic in what you are trying to do, I would recommend just using a quality soil like Fox Farm Ocean Forest and a good complete all-in-one fertilizer like Fox Farms Grow Big and Tiger Bloom. I am not sure what products you have there in Iceland, but I am sure that you can find suitable replacements even if they must be ordered online. Once you learn the easiest way to successfully grow MJ, then you can find ways to increase your involvement and possibly increase your harvests. Keep it simple at first. Then, kick things up after you've had some success.

10. I put the plant in clean soil and water it. If it wont work i just make clones from the plant.

I also have a plant that´s ben 3 weeks in flower so i was just experimenting and exidentaly rip of some roots and that was the problem.

Thanks for the help. I learned the hard way that is sholdn´t take the plant up like i did.

I´ll be more carefull afterwards :)