I think my plant is dying, help?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TMRaj, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Hello there everyone, I'm a first time grower and my plant is a good 3+ months old (I set fire to the piece of paper I had the germination date on so I can't be sure exactly).

I was a bad stoner and I took advice from my father who is a big gardener and I didn't repot my plant for over two months which has left me with a rather stunted plant. Since repotting my plant I have noticed that the leafs have started to brown/yellow as if they are dying. I'm not sure if this is natural and means it's coming to the end of it's life cycle and is near harvest or if it's experienced shock from the re-potting due to it becoming pot-bound.

I have it inside but it is in the window and is lit by the sun. I will attach some pictures for you to look at.

Although I have just registered I am actually a long time user of this forum, reading through threads and posts for advice but I have not been able to find the answers to my problems

2. yikes. sounds like transplant shock. I often repot throughout the life cycle of my plants, and it's important not to disturb the roots and the existing soil when you do. If at all possible, use the same soil you originally planted in. Once repotted, give the plant straight water, and soak it well, but make sure you have nice drainage. Do you think it's getting enough light in the window?

3. I'm still working on photos, the website doesn't seem to like me.

I used the same soil and I did water it well, allowing it to drain. Well as I live in rainy-old England it's been cloudy recently and limited the light it gets. I have an Automatic Pineapple Express seed just germinated and I have just ordered a grow light I will use with her, here

4. you need more soil in the pots and i would go 20 gallon pot per plant

5. its 3 months old and only that big? What strain is it?

You definitely need a bigger pot, and i doubt that your plant gets enough sunlight through a the window you should put it outside.

you dad may be a gardening expert but obviously he dosnt know anything about growing weed if he would tell you not to repot this plant and keep it in that tiny tiny pot.

6. How long has it been flowering for? At this point I would probably just let it finish out. Repotting it probably wouldnt make much of a difference.

7. Yeh, you want the plant at the *near* top of the pot. The plant needs airflow, and low in the pot like that, it won't get as much light. Plus the leaves will come into more contact with dirt, and it may get a disease that way. Plus, the roots don't have enough room to grow.

As small as it is, I would just go ahead and put it back into veg and hope for the best. A good source of light makes all the difference in the world.

8. she's nearly done so the problems you see are common at this stage. Let her finish, trim the buds off leaving the bottoms and supply with 24 hours light and allow her to get very dry. She will reveg with lots of branching when you water again. When you pop the new leaves plant in unfertilized potting mix and cut the light to 18 / 6 until she is at least a foot tall. Then send her back to flower w/ 12/ 12 light.

9. Do you mean harvest and then put back into a veg state and let her grow again? She's autoflowering, does that change anything?

10. yeah, I've done one auto and she did exactly the same thing. She looks like she's reveging now but it's iffy and not always successful.
    Let her finish watch the trichs when they turn amber decide how amber you want it to be and harvest. Leave some of the bud on the branches, dry her out to the beg point almost and give her 20 hours light. Get some splitters and use 23 or 26 watt cool white cfl's. then when she starts to bud switch to warm white.
    this is a cfl grow I did last fall.
    Grasscity.com Forums - fayn2madness
    You can probably do just 4 or 6 bulbs. The more light the more bud and the trick is to set them close but not to touch and far enough away they don't grow into the light. Even IF you use mh or hps sometimes supplementing the bottoms w/cfls give better yield.
    Also at the end they most of the time look pretty bad so yellowing and speckling are expected though sometimes it doesn't do that.