i think my plant is dyiing

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by igab, Nov 7, 2012.

1. I'm doing a pc grow box no nutes watering every 3 days got 100 watts of light I'll post pic soon

2. Watering every three days sounds pretty infrequent. If your soil is holding moisture for that long you need better drainage. I have to water my 5 gal pots almost every day because there's so much drainage.

What are temps?

3. Sounds like overwatering..dont water till they are totally dry

4. i posted a picture not sure if it worked

5. Are you fertilizing them? Looks burnt

6. Nope just used standard potting soil
    I think it may be underwatering Idk yet I watered well see in a few hours

7. What does standard potting soil mean?

8. They shouldn't be discoulored if they're under watered.

9. every three days is more then enough with a plant that small, they dont go through water very quick at this stage. I personally water every 4-6 days depending on stage of growth.

To me it looks like your deficient in N and K. thats why you have the yellowing down low on the plant as well as the spotting and necrotic spots on tips of leaves.

give it a good feeding and it will show increased growth rates for sure....

A good way to see if the plant needs to be watered is to just pick the pot up and feel how much it weighs. When a plant drinks most of the water in the pot it makes the overall weight go down....a lot. so feel it when you water and when check it 4 days later and you will see the difference. As long as your plants dont become droopy from no water in the soil you are good to go.

10. What should I feed with?

11. I really like Maxi grow powder nutes from general hydro. its only $15 and lasts a long time.

If its not available near you i would just try and find a general Veg nute, something high in Nitrogen with some P and K as well.